Truck Haven MLK '13 Photos and Video | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven MLK '13 Photos and Video

Had a great trip as usual. Group was small but fun and the potluck turned out to be awesome.

Unfortunately, my axle break wasn't just another $80 IFS axle break. My housing cracked clean through.

Now I need to decide if I want to put another stock housing in or go for something like a long travel IFS or solid axle. Thoughts?

You know what we all think. If you are going to spend a bunch of money on the front axle, go SAS.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My .02

Like Brian said, definitely SAS if you want to spend money, and if you want to do more than you've been able to with the IFS. If you are happy with the level of wheelin' you've been doing save the money and just fix what you have.:thumbsup:

Had a great trip as usual. Group was small but fun and the potluck turned out to be awesome.

Unfortunately, my axle break wasn't just another $80 IFS axle break. My housing cracked clean through.

Now I need to decide if I want to put another stock housing in or go for something like a long travel IFS or solid axle. Thoughts?

Sorry to hear it was that bad. Here is a good shot of you to remember the fun you did have.

Attachments

• 2013_0119_132006AA.jpg
    2013_0119_132006AA.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 393

The group on top of the mesa. A few more photos of the fun.

Attachments

• 2013_0119_121225AA.jpg
    2013_0119_121225AA.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 300
  • 2013_0119_120949AA.jpg
    2013_0119_120949AA.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 297
  • 2013_0119_150655AA.jpg
    2013_0119_150655AA.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 305
  • 2013_0120_130001AA.jpg
    2013_0120_130001AA.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 318

Hey Keeper0311,

Sorry that you were sick and couldn't make it out to wheel with us.

Remember this spot from last year?
I did so we took our basically stock x's and went around while everyone else went up it.

Yes Chris had a little issue there. His 4wd stopped working for a little while. Wonder how long he was two wheeling, or 3 wheeling ( one in air). Everything seems to be working ok now so who knows.

I was also trying to keep up with you and got a skid plate like yours. It was nice and shiny when I left home. (Thanks Joshp767 it works)

Hope you feel better Keeper.

Attachments

• 2013_0119_keeper.JPG
    2013_0119_keeper.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 294
  • 2013_0119_130233AA.jpg
    2013_0119_130233AA.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 314
  • 2013-01-21_15-05-39_skid.jpg
    2013-01-21_15-05-39_skid.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 302

Sorry to hear it was that bad. Here is a good shot of you to remember the fun you did have.
That is a great pic. Two-wheelin IFS at it's finest.
Joe; Is there a way to have that repaired? Maybe it could be sleeve welded back together??

Hi guys. What a great time and great weather. Home safe and sound. No problem Rick, it was nice taking to you.

Joe, Rick hit it on the head. If you're only going to use it a couple of times a year maybe just fix it.
Tom

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Hey Keeper0311,

Sorry that you were sick and couldn't make it out to wheel with us.

Remember this spot from last year?
I did so we took our basically stock x's and went around while everyone else went up it.

Yes Chris had a little issue there. His 4wd stopped working for a little while. Wonder how long he was two wheeling, or 3 wheeling ( one in air). Everything seems to be working ok now so who knows.

I was also trying to keep up with you and got a skid plate like yours. It was nice and shiny when I left home. (Thanks Joshp767 it works)

Hope you feel better Keeper.

Awesome stuff! Hopefully his 4wd issue was just a loose fuse or something.

Man I'm glad you're enjoying that skid plate, they're pretty awesome.

That is a great pic. Two-wheelin IFS at it's finest.
Joe; Is there a way to have that repaired? Maybe it could be sleeve welded back together??

Repair will likely be my first option. I just need to find someone around that knows what they're doing when welding. And yes going SAS would be ideal, but for the money I think I would rather repair my axle and buy something I can sleep in at Truckhaven besides a crummy tent.

And yes, that's a great 2 wheeling pic Chris. Thanks for posting.

Annual Christmas tree conflagration :D

..Anymore videos from this trip?

..and I'm keeping a tally Don...:p:

..and I'm keeping a tally Don...:p:

Now Ted be nice. I really did get you a table. No it is not the pink one i showed earler. I did find you one It is like our table just a little smaller so be nice.:D
Chris still hasn't posted his I will get him on it later. He has been busy tending to me. I had my surgery yeaterday and things went well. They say they got it all and didn't have to do the grafts but still have most of eye lid sewn shut. I Look like I got sucker punched ;)

Was fun a fun weekend and kept my mind off things.

Pictures

Finally got my pictures loaded and time to look at all the different pictures that I took. I feel that i got a good taste of the adventures we had out here.

Had a blast with everyone out there and thanks for another great trip out there and making us feel welcome in our stock explorers :chug:

Anyways here are the pictures:thumbsup:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dad's surgery went well and hoping for a speedy recovery. TH was Great way to get his mind off the surgery and he had fun:).

I do have a few more clips, just haven't had time to edit them yet:(

Excellent shots Chris:thumbsup:

We enjoy your company.
I think you need to pool your resources and turn one of your Explorers into a rock crawler. You could tow the trailer with one, and wheel with the other.
Glad to hear your Dad is doing well.
My Dad has a piece of his liver removed a few months ago and now he is out at Quartzsite hitting the world's largest swap meet. Tough old COPS recover fast.

...So glad to hear it went well..:biggthump

They say they got it all and didn't have to do the grafts but still have most of eye lid sewn shut. I Look like I got sucker punched

..Pictures or it didn't happen..:D

..And for goodness sake man, step away from the computer with that big ol' swollen, stitched up eye of yours...That sure can't be good for it..:(

..Great shots Chris and props on taken care of your Dad..

..If you guys are up at the cabin between the third and the 8th I might just run into you as I will be camping out the backside of the hill..;)

..and Brian called you old...:bsnicker:

Tough OLD cops recover fast.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..Pictures or it didn't happen..:D

..And for goodness sake man, step away from the computer with that big ol' swollen, stitched up eye of yours...That sure can't be good for it..:(

I got him away from the computer for a little bit and told him to rest.

...and i swear i didnt punch him....otherwise i might have a matching shiner.
...and my bags would be sitting on the front porch in the rain... ;)

Also..fyi for everyone out there, when they check you for skin cancer make sure to have your doc check your eyelids also.

Heres the picture.

Attachments

• surgery.jpg
    surgery.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 219

Back