Moab Caravan | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab Caravan

P.S. May need to head north with several cases of Busch Light - - think I'll need your welding skills for traction bar mounting and new rear shock mounts...:help:

Sounds like an afternoon of fun :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Kevin -

No worries on the CDL truck, thanks for the effort though. . .
I've got a buddy that plans on loaning me his motorcycle trailer, so I may bring the Buell down behind the Explorer and spend a few days riding the easy trails on two wheels...

If that plan works out, I'm probably heading out of Tacoma as early as Saturday, the 16th, maybe coming back as late as Monday, the 24th.

Paul
'91 Sport

P.S. May need to head north with several cases of Busch Light - - think I'll need your welding skills for traction bar mounting and new rear shock mounts...:help:

not to take beer away from Kevin, but Joe is closer

Either or, we can do a repair party/BBQ somewhere too.

not to take beer away from Kevin, but Joe is closer

Phil -

You must be crazy to get between Kevin and his Busch Lite!!!:bdrunk:

Hey, I'd host the work party / BBQ / meet & greet if it meant getting my rig back up!!!! Just seems odd to ask a guy to drive to my house to fix my rig, and oh, by the way, bring your welder... :rolleyes:

Interested?

Paul
'91 Sport

You got a 220 outlet near your garage.

Phil -

You must be crazy to get between Kevin and his Busch Lite!!!:bdrunk:

Hey, I'd host the work party / BBQ / meet & greet if it meant getting my rig back up!!!! Just seems odd to ask a guy to drive to my house to fix my rig, and oh, by the way, bring your welder... :rolleyes:

Interested?

Paul
'91 Sport
and an air compressor for the plasma cutter!

he's prolly still got a few Alaskan Amber's left from my visit
Posted via Mobile Device

You got a 220 outlet near your garage.

Basement laundry room 220 outlet about 25' from the detached garage... and I'll go pick up an air compressor if necessary.

Paul
'91 Sport

Basement laundry room 220 outlet about 25' from the detached garage... and I'll go pick up an air compressor if necessary.

Paul
'91 Sport

That should be workable. I think my 220 extentioncord is about that long.

Just remember, on hwy 6, just after the sweeping curve into some little podunk town, the speed limit drops FAST. Yes, that one is just SEARED into my mind..

Kevin, what time are you leaving your place for Moab?

On another note;
I may need to incorporate head gasket replacement into the pre-Moab BBQ and repair party.:(

Just remember, on hwy 6, just after the sweeping curve into some little podunk town, the speed limit drops FAST. Yes, that one is just SEARED into my mind..

Don't worry Tom, I am sure I will be leading and I will watchout for the kamikase cops. LOL

On another note;
I may need to incorporate head gasket replacement into the pre-Moab BBQ and repair party.:(

I am taking Tuesday off so I can leave anytime. I am looking to head thru Seattle area some time mid day, just to stay out of traffic on the 405

If that's the case Phil, we better schedule this repair party soon so that we have time in case of "crap, that wasn't supposed to happen."

On another note;

Looks like we both have fun projects, here is mine

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 196

I am taking Tuesday off so I can leave anytime. I am looking to head thru Seattle area some time mid day, just to stay out of traffic on the 405

If that's the case Phil, we better schedule this repair party soon so that we have time in case of "crap, that wasn't supposed to happen."

What time you expecting to pull into wildhorse?
I am looking to arrive around 9PM

What time you expecting to pull into wildhorse?
I am looking to arrive around 9PM

When I get there. I am not trying to keep that strict of a schedule. It takes me about 6 hours to get there from here, so somewhere between 5 and 8 pm.

Hmm, I may have to ask for 1/2 day off on Tuesday. Google maps say it's 4.5 hrs from here so, you'd want to be through here before 2pm.

I need to get another sample analyzed but this will be a hard trip for a motor with 205,000, pulling Le Maison.

Anyone want to recommend a gasket kit brand?

Hmm, I may have to ask for 1/2 day off on Tuesday. Google maps say it's 4.5 hrs from here so, you'd want to be through here before 2pm.

I can always meet you on the otherside of the pass too Phil, Cle Elum area or something. I usually don't leave my place until about 6 which puts me to the Wildhorses about midnight. I'm also pushing a top speed of about 68mph fully loaded and even slower thru the passes so there is a good chance you would catch up to me.

I can always meet you on the otherside of the pass too Phil, Cle Elum area or something. I usually don't leave my place until about 6 which puts me to the Wildhorses about midnight. I'm also pushing a top speed of about 68mph fully loaded and even slower thru the passes so there is a good chance you would catch up to me.

OK, now I'm confused.

You said you were taking Tuesday off 6 posts ago, now you're saying you won't leave your place until after 6pm?

65mph-68mph is good for me. Besides, if I tuck in behind your trailer you can just suck me along :p:

No, I said I usually don't leave until after 6, but since I do have Tuesday off, I will be leaving earlier.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Phil want do you get for mileage when towing?

Back