Moab Caravan | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab Caravan

Phil want do you get for mileage when towing?

A trip to Tahuya is usually around 15mpg:cool:, a trip to Manastash is more like 12mpg:rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So you will need to refuel about every 200-225 miles

So you will need to refuel about every 200-225 miles

yeah probably around 250. I have a couple extra cans if there is a long section without stations. I'll strap them to Kevin's trailer and dangle a hose so we don't have to stop. :D

I was planning on drafting most of the way, that should net me 16mpg or more. :cool:

If you draft me, we'll be stopping for my fuel before yours. I get about 250 to the tank fully loaded, 300 if I push it.

If you draft me, we'll be stopping for my fuel before yours. I get about 250 to the tank fully loaded, 300 if I push it.

You guys have failed to factor in Ken's requirement to take at least 5 craps per day (between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.)...:fart:

Paul

You guys have failed to factor in Ken's requirement to take at least 5 craps per day (between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.)...:fart:

Paul

Forgot about that!:rolleyes:

We'll rip out his front seat and make him drive sitting on a porta pottie ;)

When he has to crap, he races past everyone to get in the lead so he can pull off.

havent been on here in forever..

but i have a new project and i'd like to join in!

my explorer will be on full widths and 37s by the time we leave.. no tow rig so ill have to drive it over there :)

my buddy also has an 8 inch lifted ranger that wants to come along.

kevin, i know youve been to my house before. would you wanna meet somewhere before you take off? or just meet at the hotel in oregon?

havent been on here in forever..

but i have a new project and i'd like to join in!

my explorer will be on full widths and 37s by the time we leave.. no tow rig so ill have to drive it over there :)

my buddy also has an 8 inch lifted ranger that wants to come along.

kevin, i know youve been to my house before. would you wanna meet somewhere before you take off? or just meet at the hotel in oregon?

Better check here first; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261223&highlight=moab

Like Phil said, if your serious about going, register yourself and your buddy on the link provided to fill up the last two spots. Of course, that is only a formality and you are still welcome to come.

As much as this trip costs, any diversion off the beaten path is extra money. I can call you when I leave here though and I am sure we will meet along the way through or at a gas stop. PM me your phone number again. I have been looking for it and can't find it.

Another pre-Moab get together?

What do you guys think about another pre-Moab get together at Paul's Man Cave?

This time it would just be planning. Things like weather, trails we want to do and trails I shouldn't do.

Spare parts, who has them, who's gonna get them and who's gonna carry them.

If I bring Trav and Lucy, I need to do some planning to burn some of her energy off before and after we hit the trail or she will drive me nuts! We'll probably bring bicycles and run her around the campground or something.

So, BBQ at Pauls????

What do you guys think about another pre-Moab get together at Paul's Man Cave? So, BBQ at Pauls????

Is this just because I made fun of your :bsnicker: pink leg gaiters?

Hell yeah, come on by - - landscaping is not totally done, but it'll do... This could also be a PNW Explorer "Meet & Greet" get-together / Welcome Back Andy shin-dig, not just for those of us heading to Moab...

I can set up dogs/burgers/brats or better yet, it could be a bring what you want grilled or pot-luck - - whatever works...

Dates? How about May 1st?

Paul
'91 Sport

I am working 6 days a week right now and probally will so untill Moab and when I am not working I am working on the rig(s) and/or keeping the lawn cut. So I doubt I will make it to a meet and greet.
I am going to try and hook up with Ken for the first leg of the trip to wildhorse Tuesday afternoon.
The trip back from Moab I plan on leaving Monday morning and drive nonstop except for fuel and food back home.

Dunno, Phil. . .

Guess we better have this at your place - - fire up the grill. . .:bounce: And get the boat out of the Man-Cave. . .

I second the boating. Let's see how many we can flop off the inter tube, LOL

The lake won't be warm enough for that until July, unless you're wearin a wet suit but,,,,if you want to go in..................

So, you guys ready for a mini 'Deadliest Catch' with Captn Phil?

Sunday, mid day and we can go look for a couple of the 'Deadliest Catch' boats in the ship canal by the Ballard Locks.

While we're cruising the canal, we can talk about the trip.

I'm in. Be there Sunday about 10am or so. Text me your address so I can save it in my phone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Getting closer, starting to feel the anticipation.

Back