Moab! May 31-June 2, 2002 | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab! May 31-June 2, 2002

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've driven up it three times now... I fully think there is enough room at the top for my truck to make it up. I've seen unimogs go up and even heard of hummer's going up... so we'll see! :)

Oh, its not your driving... Its those 3.55 gears you've got... I'm just wondering if it will be able to go up something that steep...

Well, I'll be pulling out sometime tomorrow morning. Not sure when. I have a retirement breakfast (not mine) to go to that starts at 8:30am and don't know how long it will last. I won't make it in for dinner so I'll probably see everyone either at the bar or Sat. am. See ya'll soon!

To whoever reads this that's in Moab:

My dad and I are currently sitting in a hotel room in Grand Junction (about an hour and a half away from Moab). Last night while we were driving in, a giant deer felt he needed to stand in the middle of the road causing me to hit the brakes pretty hard, and what do I hear? A huge grinding noise.

I jumped out and found out that my Driveshaft hit the ground, hopped for awhile creating ruts in the highway, and us to be up s*** creek for today. Fortunately we got into a hotel (at about 4 in the morning last night) and we're getting her fixed up and should be out of here by 5-6 (with a new driveshaft!! :D ). We'll try and catch some people at dinner if we can, otherwise we'll just see everyone tomorrow morning. All's well, and we're on our way and I for one and looking to forget about this predicament and get some good off-roading time in. I hope I didn't miss anything exciting today.

See everyone soon,

Jared and his Dad.

well I'm back, guess I"ll be the first official psot since back, LOL.
We had a good run, only a few minor breaks (unjless something happened after I left about 6:00 yesterday... people WERE heading for potato salad hill, LOL).
Marshall snapped a radius arm in the middle of golden spike, near where Rick snapped his trac bar last year. Luckily Rick got it welded up great and we made it off with no problems.
Gerald broke an add-a-leaf and also broke a u-joint. Both were quick parking lot mods :).
I had a good time as always, got about 300 pictures to go through.

Well famly and I made it home we had a great time it was nice to see old friends and make new ones, Moab is alot of fun, my truck worked out very well the front locker was all I had hope for, my rocker panel sliders and rear bumper sliders helped me not have eney body damage that is what I was hopeing for. I hope Ray Lobato is able to get his truck fixed and make it home soon, he had a front bearing and ball joint go bad and had to have them shiped from Salt Lake City so he well be stuck in Moab for a few days.

-Wade

Awesome Time!

Well, we drove all night Sunday and got home this morning, got the kids off to school and us off to work. Whew! We're tired out.

My whole family had a great time split up between Jefe's Ex and my J**p. I hadn't been on Elephant Hill for twenty years, and the Poison Spider/Golden Spike/Gold Bar Rim combo was impossible to beat. Jefe and I spent some time on Fins N Things Sunday morning and then packed it up.

We had a blast and look forward to the next runs with much anticipation!

BTW, Jeff got the pictures up on his website http://www.jefethegreat.com (and the video "real soon"). Please excuse all the J**p and family pictures, but you get the idea. . . LOTS OF FUN!

Climbnkd and Climbnkd2 both made it home sunday night. We had an absolute awesome time. It was great to meet everyone and see old friends. All of the stockers did awesome. We had no breakage or damage to any of the stock vehicles, thank goodness. For the first time taking the BII of road, it did really good. Thanks to everyone who helped make this experience so great. Special thanks to Alec for volunteering to lead and to my singing partner Marshall. Can't wait to meet up with everyone at the next run.

I got back last night...all is well.

I had a great time. Always a pleasure to hang out with this group... Can't wait until we have everyone's pictures up. Speaking of, think we should start a pictures thread? EDIT - didn't know someone already had...nevermind :D

Anyways, it was great to see old friends, great to finally meet some people, and Moab RULES. That and I came back with a new driveshaft, headlight assembly, and a new sticker to put somewhere :D

And Char....I didn't scream :p

Originally posted by TwoToneX

And Char....I didn't scream :p

It wasn't a scream, it was more like the sound of pure terror! :p

I got back late Sunday. Had a blast and my X and its 187500+ mile tranny held up all weekend. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and finally being able to put a face to some of your names. As soon as my pics get back from the lab I'll post them. Thank you to everyone that attended for making this such a great experience, especially Rick, Char and Gerald for all the effort they put in to make the entire weekend a success. I can't wait untill next time!

Back