mountaineer is going under the knife | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

mountaineer is going under the knife

Good to hear an update on this, sounds like for the most part its going to be a descent swap.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Same Here! Pics whenever you have time, yes, of the Cheby too.

They will be coming soon. I cancelled my internet for my computer so I'm online on my phone till I get internet again.

not good lol

im hopefully getting my siren hooked up tonight, and hoping to have the grilles, and headlight housings in by the end of the month, also hoping to get my rims painted once i find the center caps im looking for...

is there an estimated time when the mounty will be done ? i would love to come out and get pictures together

With the amount of time I have work on it I should have it done around the beginning of winter. I'm working 5am to 3pm then 5pm to 10pm 6 days a week so its going too slow. All day long I'm just thinking man id rather be home working on the demon

Just let me know when you wanna swing out my way an I'm game

Well im still working my rear off at about80-90 hours a week. The mountaineer is getting done little by little and very slowly. I'm looking to move back to my home town in Jan. So this project needs to get done ASAP. Also sold my whole fleet of vehicles but still have the mounty, BMW and the k1500. Everything is up for sale except the mounty. I'm shopping for diesel to replace em all. I have pictures but no way to post them! Once work slows down I will start a full how to with pics and all. It's actually an easy swap but I still need to figure out the steering. As she sits right now she will be only 2 inches higher then before and the tires will only hang out a little over an inch outside the fender.

Mountaineer got towed to the shop Sunday by my new to me mint condition 96 dodge 2500 cummins 5 speed. They are basically working on it whenever they get free time because its a friends free trade type of deal. I setup a turbo kit and tune his e30 bmw and he's finished my suspension work. No time frame as of when it will be back on the road because the motor, tranny and transfer case are for sale. Oh yeah I now have a bread van sitting in my driveway with a 3.9 cummins in it waiting to be stripped of its heart for the mountaineer. If anyone knows where a nv5600 4wd tranny is for sale for a good price let me know asap. I already have the tc out of a dodge 3500 so lmk

:D Diesel Mounty = <3

Solid axles made plenty of room to run dual 4 inch exhaust coming out the back like the "rebel" look. Also anyone know of a set of Dana 60s front and rear for sale? The

do you have a number to reach you ? would like to talk to you about a few things on my mountaineer ... randy 614.778.6543

do you have a number to reach you ? would like to talk to you about a few things on my mountaineer ... randy 614.778.6543

Crank yankers? No, j/k. But seriously, this is a free site for anyone to view. I would PM personal information. Just a thought to help you not get annoying phone calls at all hours of the night.

Are you wanting custom Danas or used?
Watching this project is like watching seconds tick by waiting for something really exciting to occur.

subscribing.... I wanna see this one...

and oh yeah...

ThisThreadIsWorthless.jpg

Well guys the build has come to a sad end :'( Friday the 28th our garage went up in frames do to a heater malfunction. I lost my low rider Chrysler new port. My dodge cummins that I bought 3 months ago, and my mountaineers. We drove it back from Perry county to hershey pa with a bad turbo on wed. And Friday the 28th I lost everything in the garage. My camera and lap top were on my work bench so all my pictures are long gone. One guy took some pictures on his phone when we went to fuel up but I have no way to contact him. I just keep googleing solid axle mountaineer. I'll post the left over pictures of post fire but thats all I have. Honestly I don't think I will be getting another 3rd gen unless I find a great deal.

dodge2500cummins.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

All I can say is it was fun but I never got to actually get my use out of it.

I came out with minor burns and my dog ended up saving himself by jumping through a window that blew out from the heat.

I do plan on sticking around this forum because it is by far my favorite.

S*** mate, bloody sorry to hear about what you've been through. Glad you and your pup made it out. F*** man, evil s***.

Wow man, glad to see your okay, I cant imaging loosing that much, but look at the bright side that no one got hurt!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's been a rough week you think you're taking care of your vehicles by keeping them inside. Next thing ya know you lose 3 vehicles you put your blood sweat and tears into. After everything is straightened out I'm and the garage is rebuilt I'm buying custom fitted car covers for every nice vehicle and they will sit outside!

Back