• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

My 1992 2 door jeep killer build

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

crashhard

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer Sport 4x4
Hope that worked. Someone let me know.

thanks

bammbamm

Reaction score
City, State
arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 explorer limited
Videos worked. Expo looks great but like you said already, definately needs coilovers up front.

93XploderMS

Reaction score
City, State
Keizer, Or
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer limitless
Nice build, not to many TTB guys anymore. People just don’t want to dump money into old 90’s metal lol.

How’s the Bilsteins holding up for you. Mine seem way to weak, looking at going dual up front

crashhard

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer Sport 4x4
Nice build, not to many TTB guys anymore. People just don’t want to dump money into old 90’s metal lol.

How’s the Bilsteins holding up for you. Mine seem way to weak, looking at going dual up front
5100s up front are almost useless in desert at speed. Needs at least dual or go to 2 1/2". Im more than likely going coil over in front also.

93XploderMS

Reaction score
City, State
Keizer, Or
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer limitless
5100s up front are almost useless in desert at speed. Needs at least dual or go to 2 1/2". Im more than likely going coil over in front also.

That’s what I thought you would say. Here in Oregon I play in the sand and rocks. I would love some 2.5 coil overs but then I need a full engine cage to be happy. So next upgrade will be quad, one in front of axle and one behind (stock location). In front of the axle the shock should have more control, farther away from the pivot of the radius arm.

Roont

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Hunterdon County, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 & 1999 Explorer
Holy cow what a quick and amazing build

crashhard

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer Sport 4x4
Has anyone else had problems with the warn manual hubs?

crashhard

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer Sport 4x4
Had passenger side break this weekend.

20181126_173652.jpg

crashhard

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer Sport 4x4
Ordered new today

20181126_173735.jpg

mounty71

It's green, not gray.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
@R.J. used to blow them all the time.

crashhard

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer Sport 4x4
Is there an option to just fully lock and delete all hubs completely?

This is just a play truck and not a daily driver so an always locked option would work for me.

20181126_173627.jpg

20181126_173635.jpg

410Fortune

River Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
There is a set of hubs that Warn makes that are stronger then the ones they will sell you for the TTB
Let me do some digging, it has been a while. They were made for a rear axle kit for a jeep, yes hubs on a rear axle. But they fit our D35 ttb and are stronger

You want the hub to blow before the U joint and axleshaft, so its not a terrible thing to blow hubs.
I have not seen drive flanges for the D35 ttb, this would be the part that eliminates the hubs, not sure if anyone makes them for us

Those hubs look pretty dirty and packed with grease?
They should be clean and only lightly coated with lubricant

How did you end up attaching the rear bedsides? I am considering this for my BII
I love the Solomotorsports stuff, really innovative guys over at Solo

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.