• Register Today It's free!

My 2000 Explorer

V8BOOST

Reaction score
City, State
Sylmar, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer
Hi guys, Just wanted to share my 2000 Explorer.

03-19-06_1545.jpg

Here is a video clip
http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj34/ITNES101/?action=view&current=04-29-07_1125.flv

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:D I blew it up pretty bad. I haven't taken it apart but from blown engines that i've heard this one sounds the worst. Just imagine a whole bunch of metal parts crushing :rant:.

The mods were
Explorer Express Supercharger.
k&n cone filter.
Bassanni high flow cats.
X pipe & flowmaster 1 chaimbers.
9 Lbs Pulley.
SCT Custom Tune.
Torque Monster Headers.
255 Walbro Fuel Pump.

cosmetics
Custom lowering kit
20 inch rims

welcome 2 the forum and nice explorer r u going to post more video clips when u get new supercharger

Thanks, I will post more videos. I wiil probably get a 5.4 (331 cubic inches) engine for it.

v8boost u got more pics of ur x at all

It's currently sitting at a shop I haven't taken more pics. but ill post some more vids and pics when I finish it up

You ever put the 5.4 in there? I'm sure several on here would like to see how that install went

You ever put the 5.4 in there? I'm sure several on here would like to see how that install went

:thumbsup:
Still working on it, This has been an expensive project so its taken quite some time.

One of my GT40P head was badly damaged, so I had to buy one from Ebay. Thats what im waiting right now for.

Here's some pics of my old motor.
hehehhe

Photo_081908_001.jpg

Photo_081908_002.jpg

Photo_081908_004.jpg

Photo_081908_005.jpg

I have been contemplating a mod swap for many months now. I have several 4.6L's in my shop. Unfortunately I haven't measured but I still think there will be a fitment issue. I would love to see a swap complete. I kinda had a 32V 5.4L with a single turbo in mind but I don't believe there would be room for it. Oh well, daydreaming is nice. Hmmm. What about an LSx swap? That question will get everyones blood boiling. LOL!

Good looking truck, lean is mean. Looks as if it pinged its guts out.

Holy ****....Did you decide to toss a grenade down your intake?:shoot::eek:

Damn dude I cant believe how much the rod bent. How much did the repairs run you?

Damn dude I cant believe how much the rod bent. How much did the repairs run you?

Kinda pricey, more than what i paid for the explorer :confused:. But it should be really cool, I love the Explorers and really think she deserves this new engine.

Here she is with no Engine :)

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

so what kind of engine u going to get now

Can someone please tell me what website you can order those headlight lenses from??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They look great. :thumbsup:

Back