My Explorer Sport Build | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Explorer Sport Build

The other day (Friday) I went up to Rainbow Falls in the afternoon for a little bit. I did part of Illinois Gulch. (I started at the top where some people were camping and got to the "mini moab" about 15/20 minutes down the trail, then came back. There were some people in a new Jeep that I followed up and back down (they didn't mind, they were actually excited because they wanted to use their winch if I got stuck (I didn't....) they were impressed I kept up with them, lol). I put some running boards on since my last post and I kinda regret it, but they didn't accept my request to return them the day I got them, so I guess I'm stuck with them (Plus it's way too late now, I scraped them up on a few rocks...). The next thing I would like to do is get the rocker panel rust repaired (I have no clue how or where) and then get some rock sliders (I found a few places around here that would do the sliders) - I'll be there June 13th if you guys are still going!! I think that trail was about the limit of my explorer though, I don't want to break anything...

20200508_163623.jpg
20200508_165549.jpg
20200508_170415.jpg
20200508_160312.jpg

I need to get out ASAP. I need some mountain therapy. We are planning to be there the 13th also. Just not in an explorer. :) Looks like you had a good time.

I need to get out ASAP. I need some mountain therapy. We are planning to be there the 13th also. Just not in an explorer. :) Looks like you had a good time.
It was fun! I can't wait to go back on the 13th! (It was nice to get up to the mountains! It's been way too long...)

Well I am getting my girl back. Things fell thru and he did not want to finish buying her. So I am taking her back and she will be back at the house tonight after work. I am now in a rock and a hard place. I like both my Durango and my Explorer. Not sure which one I should sell. I do have to say I like this one a lot she has been great has not done me wrong at all. I am leaning a little towards this one and getting her built to be a great Trail rig. I will let you all know as the days go on.

Attachments

• On her way home 01.jpg
    On her way home 01.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 211
  • On her way home 02.jpg
    On her way home 02.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 205

Back