My Explorer Sport Build | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Explorer Sport Build

Well I did a little modifying on my hood. It is now like the 98 hood latch so I can have the grill insert. I like how it turned out. Drilled 2 holes and a little cutting on the grill turned out really nice.
IMG_20190907_132338.jpg

IMG_20190907_132334.jpg

IMG_20190907_152327.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There was another thing I did with my Explorer. I also put the rear bumper from the 98 into my Explorer. I think it turned out pretty good. Once I get the Tire carrier put on I will have Plate in a different location.
97 34.jpg

This Friday evening and Saturday will be replacing the rear axle. The new axle is an LS and I made minor modifications to the Brake line. Once installed I will show all what I did.

Well got my LS axle in along with an add a leaf. Now need to raise my front end to match the rear. Pretty happy how it turned out. The brake line is different also.
The brake line.
IMG_20190914_164226.jpg

The springs
IMG_20190914_164243.jpg

The axle. Putting in with a trans jack made life easy.
IMG_20190914_164707.jpg

Axle installed.
IMG_20190914_180754.jpg

And what she looks like on her own feet.
IMG_20190914_180813.jpg

I am pretty happy about it. Now to get her out on the trail again.

Looks just like mine, only without trail scars and rust. Looks good!

I used to, but its been a while. Probably all gone now.

Awesome content keep it up!

WEEELLLLLLL My Ex died this weekend. :( Was getting ready to move her back to the Parking spot and she did not want to start. 1st thing I checked was the Fuel trip switch. Next I checked at the rail and there was no fuel coming out at the pressure release valve. So I am thinking Fuel Pump went out. Although I did not look to see if the replay was bad, Seeing as this Explorer is a 97 I am thinking it is the Fuel pump. I will though double check the Fuel pump relay before I purchase the fuel pump. When I bought this one I was told that the Fuel pump was new. So I think I better check that. SO come Saturday I will double check that and then report. :p

Here she sits getting cold and not able to driver her. :mad2:
97 40.jpg

Yes is snowed here in Colorado. Yesterday 80 Degrees and today 16 of a low. Then Tomorrow it is suppose to get back up to the 50s and back to 70's over the weekend. What fun in Colorado.

Well this weekend I checked the Fuel pump relay. Waaalaa it worked. Took out the WOT AC relay and put in place of the fuel pump relay and she fired right up. Off to Auto Parts Store and bought a new one and she is running great now. On the list for VERY soon, New Fuel Filter, Air Filter, and oil. So far she is doing great.

Well I figured out what happen to my dash lights. The plug on the dimmer was not plugged in all the way. Got it plugged in all the way and now they are all working. Well accept the one on the Tac. So once I am able to get dash all torn apart again will fix the Tach light. But I am happy dash lights are working again.

Good work, easy fix.

I've got a flaky dimmer switch in my latest 98, in most of the adjustment range the lights all go off. I need to replace it soon, for now I'll leave it untouched where I prefer it and it works, at the highest spot just below the ON/top detent. That's another obsolete part, I checked.

Good work, easy fix.

I've got a flaky dimmer switch in my latest 98, in most of the adjustment range the lights all go off. I need to replace it soon, for now I'll leave it untouched where I prefer it and it works, at the highest spot just below the ON/top detent. That's another obsolete part, I checked.

Yeah I agree But I like seeing what my the speed is and what my gauges are doing. I wanna say I did not get it plugged in when I put in a different cluster. The one I had in it the Trans indicator was not working. So I got one out of a 2000 and put it in. Oh well lesson learned.

Did a little maintenance on my Explorer. Turns out that I should have done this when I got the Explorer. I think the plugs have been in this truck since it was brought off the Factory. :)
Here are the ones on the passenger side
Spark Plugs 02.jpg

This is the Driver side. next to a new one.
Spark Plugs 01.jpg

So right now I have Plugs out and new ones in bit have not gotten the Wires yet. Once I get wires next week I will install them.

On a different note this explorer is heading to my Brother and I will not be getting another explorer. I have purchased a Durango and will be building that to hit the trails. Long story and it is what it is. I like all the friends I have gained here and hope to stay on board. I like seeing what everyone is doing here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back