My latest attempt to appease cops (and it's FREE!!!!) pics. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My latest attempt to appease cops (and it's FREE!!!!) pics.

Well I got a call 'Would you like to donate...." just about to hang up when I hear "to the police association" Ding Ding!!! Just the call I had been waiting for. Sure, I'll give $20... send me the information, along with the 'Supporter' sticker. Well, if I had to send the money in for the sticker, I would have... However since they sent the donation form along with the sticker, I'll keep it for free. It is mounted on the rear passenger window on the driver's side, on the area that doesn't go the whole way down. It's also in plain view of any cop who comes to talk to me by the window :D. I have talked w/ people who have parents as cops, and yes - they will be more favorable to you if you have that on you car.

Hopefully I'll never have to put it to use =P Anyways - if you get a call - TELL THEM YOU WILL DONATE!!!! It's worth it!!! www.vspa.org for virginia... google search 'your state police association' Here is a pic... kinda hard to see tho.

10058100_1808_Large_.jpg

10058100_1809_Large_.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I heard that some of these donations are just scams. One rule to remember is that "police donations" do not call you over the phone. They do their business using old fashion mail/letter. More than likely you got a fake sticker and a cop can distinguish a fake sticker from a real one. So the next time a cop stops you and see your sticker, you'll know why when he starts laughing. ;) :D

I am an official member of the Pennsylvania Fraternal Order of Police. It didn't stop 'ole Smokey and his hat and sunglasses from giving me a ticket.

I used to think they meant something, but now I think they just pay for a day or two's breakfast...

If you think that's going to do anything to help you get out of a ticket, smoke another one.

you need t oget the real ones... volunteer for some department....

im a volunteer for union citys fire department, and i have an official embroidered shirt, i wear it proudly, and many people ask if its real...... my teacher in one of my firefighting classes mentioned it on the last day of the final..... but up until then i only had a b iif that in the class... well, either i ACED my final and it brought my grade up soooo much i got an A or he knew i was a volunteer :)

I got one of those from the Michigan Fraternal Order of Police. At first they just said that they were going to send me information but didn't tell me that it required a donation. I never paid either, but you'll get about 4,000 letters asking for a donation after the first one if you don't pay up... I think I kept on getting them every couple months for about a year or so.

I want to become a volunteer but I move back and forth from school so often and don't know where to go to sign up.

go to any local department and ask.... they will let you know who to get into contact with....

i went to the local fir station station #2 and asked about the CERT program..... i called some people that the fd boys gave em the # to and am now part of Fremont's Community Emergency Response Team

Originally posted by X~FACTOR
. One rule to remember is that "police donations" do not call you over the phone.

Thats not true in Florida.

Originally posted by hydroxy
I have talked w/ people who have parents as cops, and yes - they will be more favorable to you if you have that on you car.

Uh huh.... suuuuuure they will

Good thing you didn't pay nothin' for it pat :rolleyes: :p

more favorable maybe... but breaking the law is still a broken law, maybe the sticker just avoided getting hassled......

When I become a cop, I'm going to ask for the receipt. Base my decision on whether or not they actually did pay for it! jk, but I'm going to keep it in mind.

One day I got caught going 75 in a 30.
I told the cop I had just made a donation to the Maryland State police and I showed him my sticker which I had not yet stuck and he let me go with a warning.

I got a call from a telemarketer and he said that he was hired by the VA state police to do the calling. So they themselves are not actually doing the calling. Maybe thats how they get around soliciting donations over the phone.

At this point everyone and their brother has a sticker, they're getting less and less unique, thus less and less effective. Most of the time if I show a cop my shield, he'll let me off. However once I was driving through NC and the Trooper looked at me and asked what I thought my New York badge was going to get me on HIS road. ha.

Originally posted by X~FACTOR
One rule to remember is that "police donations" do not call you over the phone. They do their business using old fashion mail/letter.
not true. they call here and it is legitimate. i know because the caller wound up being a friend of my parents.

they do call in IL... call me every year for a donation... I usually paid but also got a lot of different calls from other no-for-profit organizations... looks like once you pay they make more money by selling your name further (hey, he's a good payer... call him!!!)

I just applied with a local FD in our village... all they need is an applictaion and then you get the usuall - don't call us, we'll call you. At some point in time I thought those stickers help and probably did once when instead of a ticket I got off the hook giving a cop a little bribe of $20.00 for screeching tires and speeding in the city. He saw my sticker before smiling and telling me that he had not eaten his lunch yet...
:D

Back