My New Rock Sliders | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My New Rock Sliders

The sliders are holding up great. They have been used in Moab and on some Colorado trails. They have taken a few good hits that didnt do anything to them. So far I havent had a problem hitting the mounts on anything. I wouldnt change a thing I like them so much. edit: I would have powdercoated them but ran out of time before the Moab trip.

I dont know how much each one weighs. They are not that bad, I picked them up easy enough when I was putting them on.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you are tying sliders into a cage then I see o reason for bolt on sliders when the cage is welded to the frame

i've always loved the look of that type of slider. when i finally get around to it im sure mine will be similar, only welded on with hopes of tying a cage into em. NICE WORK THOUGH!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

These slides look fantastic.
I'm looking for ideas to replace the rotted rockers on my 96. I need something with a step for my kids.
Do you have an approximate material cost?
My brother had a welder and some Fab skills.
Is there a comparable "buy in a box" product out there?
Sorry for the questions. I'm pretty new with trucks. Been a cat guy my whole life up till now.
Thanks

These slides look fantastic.
I'm looking for ideas to replace the rotted rockers on my 96. I need something with a step for my kids.
Do you have an approximate material cost?
My brother had a welder and some Fab skills.
Is there a comparable "buy in a box" product out there?
Sorry for the questions. I'm pretty new with trucks. Been a cat guy my whole life up till now.
Thanks

Thanks. Its been many years since I have built these, I don't remember the material cost. There are a few universal slider kits out there, you just need to know how long they need to be and find one that is close. Here is an example and there are several more on ebay, summit racing, etc. A 4 door is around 72" roughly.

Thank you, sir.
I'm trying to determine if it's more economical to build or buy.
Thoughts?

If you have the capability (tube bending, notching and welding) then it will be cheaper to build from raw materials. If you have to pay a fab shop to make them then it will be close to the same cost or maybe a little cheaper to buy pre-made sliders and adapt to your vehicle yourself.

Back