need to get rid of a junk car in tacoma | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need to get rid of a junk car in tacoma

mysticclam

Typo King
Reaction score
City, State
Tacoma, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
Anyone know who to call to get rid of an old car I have. Its an amc hornet, I dont think any junkyards would want it so I need to find a hulk hauler or something. Bought a house and I dont think im going to have the time or money to do anything with it. Gonna check the phonebook when I get home but was hoping someone knew someone not too expensive.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Post that sshhhh-azam for free on CraigsList.

Anyone know who to call to get rid of an old car I have. Its an amc hornet, I dont think any junkyards would want it so I need to find a hulk hauler or something. Bought a house and I dont think im going to have the time or money to do anything with it. Gonna check the phonebook when I get home but was hoping someone knew someone not too expensive.

Or try posting a "Come and get it" on an AMC site. Someone may be able to use it.

Look on craiglists there is people who will pay you for it, for scrap.

Do you have a title?

A car with no title has SOME issues going to scrap yard...

But a car cut in half has ZERO issues with going to a scrap yard...

Because at that point, it's not A car...it is 2 car halves...symantics, I know...but legally you can dispose of, or sell a half of a car....as no title is needed for half of a car.

Ryan

Yea, if you don't have a title, find out what you need to do to take it in for scrap yourself. Around here you can get about $300 for a mid sized SUV..

If you don't have the title, at least around here, you have to remove either the engine or transmision to take it to the scrap yard.

~Mark

Its got a title, I was going to fix it up at one point but it had a vinyl top and the roof is too wasted for someone of my skill to deal with. Its a shame the rest of the car is pretty solid. But I had another kid and bought a house in the last 2 weeks and Id rather keep using my limited car funds to keep the explorer going. Its going to need a motor and a paint job in the next couple years I think. Probably cheaper than getting a new SUV. But the AMC has got to go. I hear ya on letting an amc guy have it, I may try that but Ive only got about 10 days to get rid of it or I have to tow it to my new place or put tabs on it and drive it there.

Back