• Register Today It's free!

New Engine Pics...

Mtn8er

Reaction score
City, State
Portland, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
98' Mountaineer 5.0
Well here are the newest pictures of my engine bay after my full roller rocker arm install/new Comp Cam pushrods, new FMS valve covers, braided stainless steel vacuum hose sleeves and new set of Magnecore wires that I finally got around to installing. Best of all, my new chrome powder coated intake/elbow from Jon...Thanks Jon it looks awsome! The plaque cover is still in progress.

120.jpg

49.jpg

219.jpg

Plaque cover finished:
96.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh--how does it run? Tell them Mike!
It runs harder than before thats for sure! I must say...putting in the full roller rocker arms made a big difference I thought. I can honestly tell that it revs a little faster and when I get on it, it seems to hit over drive sooner. It seems like it pulls a little harder and really wants to go. Putting in the full roller rocker arms definitely free'd up some friction and now it runs great. I didn't really expect this project to take me 3 months lol...but I ran into some difficulties when my intake broke on me. Got a new intake and had it powder coated by Jon and now it looks even better than before... :thumbsup:

Looks great, nice work!

hell yeah, pulls harder then before is an understatement
roller rockers and the cam wake up the exploder big time compared to stock

First thing I did when I got mine running with the cam and rollers was get sideways in a wet intersection, way too easy

hell yeah, pulls harder then before is an understatement
roller rockers and the cam wake up the exploder big time compared to stock

First thing I did when I got mine running with the cam and rollers was get sideways in a wet intersection, way too easy

That's awsome, a cam is my next project...I should have waited to put my rockers in along with a cam but I couldnt wait plus I wanted to see how much of a difference just the rockers made alone. I'm taking a week of vacation when I do that project lol.

Wait a minute!

Where did you get those plug wires again?

I got my Magnecor wires from horsepowerfreaks.com. There really expensive but are supposed to be top of the line. That horsepowerfreaks.com is located right here in my home town in Portland. I always get emails from them wanting me to come down and dyno my Mounty. You get 3 pulls for $50, I would have to drop my front dive line though to get the AWD to 2WD. Here's the link:

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/pri...cor/Ignition/Spark_Plug_Wires/part/KV85_8.5mm

Magnecores website that will tell you everything about ignition wires:

http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/main.htm

I like those Nology they any good? anyways I will cancel my order on those Taylors that are B/O and get them Magnecores

I like those Nology they any good? anyways I will cancel my order on those Taylors that are B/O and get them Magnecores

Yeah there supposed to be good never used them, waaay out of my budget though. For the price of Nology wires I would hope they would at least add like 10hp :rolleyes:

That looks great!
Maybe it's the angle but the oil fill cap looks like it's almost touching the TB.

That looks great!
Maybe it's the angle but the oil fill cap looks like it's almost touching the TB.

I was gonna say how do you add oil? Take the TB off?

looks nice

Very nice Mike, sweet and clean. That makes us all a little more motivated. Regards,

my oil filler neck is similar in location to his, slightly different valve covers witha stock explorer oil cap. I just remove my intake tube from the tb and use a funnel

I have the intake spacer, it helps make it clear

Does it run a little better as well as look real good? :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm glad to see that the Magnecor wires dropped in price slightly, they were $145 per set.

Back