• Register Today It's free!

New maps 2.20 for SYNC 3

RedDen

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
New maps 2.20 for SYNC 3 are out. All the instructions on this thread, post #3798

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am upgrading now.

I downgraded to SYNC 3.4 19101.

Then I reformatted and upgraded to SYNC 3.4 21020 and NAV 2 20.

Hope all goes well.

Success!
IMG_4865.JPG
IMG_4866.JPG

If anyone needs help, post here. I can share what I did.

I would like to know the steps to upgrade. I am currently on 3.4 20136. Thanks.
Have you checked your account for any posted updates. There should be one at least for 20282 which was released a while ago for V3.4.

Peter

Have you checked your account for any posted updates. There should be one at least for 20282 which was released a while ago for V3.4.

Peter
Yes, shows up to date. I upgraded a while back from sync 3 to the newest version and maps at that time. I just need a refresher on how to do it, plus I’ll have to downgrade first so want to make sure I do it correctly.

Yes, shows up to date. I upgraded a while back from sync 3 to the newest version and maps at that time. I just need a refresher on how to do it, plus I’ll have to downgrade first so want to make sure I do it correctly.
You won’t get any updates from Ford anymore.

Check out the F150 forums.

You won’t get any updates from Ford anymore.

Check out the F150 forums.
I have 2017 explorer,sync3 with an available update
Will ihave to pay for the 20 map update

Update to 19? It might be free from Ford.

Not sure about 20 maps.

I think only 2018 and up where offered free update to 18 and 19 maps. New maps 2.20 might be free only for 2019 and up if at all.

Not sure anyone has tried that upgrade from 15 maps.
My 2018 Edge was on 16 maps originally and I was offered 18 maps for free. I went v3.4 upgrade route with 19 maps after that.

I just checked Ford website. My 2018 Edge is now offered with USB maps update for $40 plus shipping for 19 maps, but I previously downloaded 19 maps for free.
If anyone interested to check, go to Ford - Sync3 Map Update

I have a 2020 mkz
Wonder if that is eligible for 2.20

Yes, it's the wife's car

Yes, it's the wife's car
Does anyone know if it possible to just load the 20 map update to run on sync 3 with latest update. Current maps are 15.

Does anyone know if it possible to just load the 20 map update to run on sync 3 with latest update. Current maps are 15.
I guess you have some v3.0 build since maps are 1.15, so not possible for you, at least for free.
Possible only if you on any build of v3.4 (maybe v3.2 and 3.3 as well, but I'm not sure), but still takes too long to update just maps, at least two times longer than using reformat.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I guess you have some v3.0 build since maps are 1.15, so not possible for you, at least for free.
Possible only if you on any build of v3.4 (maybe v3.2 and 3.3 as well, but I'm not sure), but still takes too long to update just maps, at least two times longer than using reformat.
so you are saying that unless yo have version 3.4, the highest map version possible to intall is 3.19?
if that is true, why are those with v3.4 down grading to 3.0 to install the 2.20 maps?
kind of confused

Back