New wheels on the truck :) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New wheels on the truck :)

I installed new Basset Racing 15x8 wheels with 0mm offset. I transferred my stock tires cause their meat is still good and they cleaned up real well, but eventually plan on putting 275/60/15 rear and 235/70/15 front after lowering:

Before:

Montyprofile.jpg

Monty7.jpg

After:

SL742078.jpg

SL742080.jpg

SL742081.jpg

SL742082.jpg

SL742084-1.jpg

Opinions are welcome good or bad.

-JT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Paint the trim too, and I agree with Colin, white letters need to go

You guys are right except for me liking the white letters. I edited the OP title for accuracy :)

I don't think the white letters look that bad. You could also get tire letter paint from duplicolor if you want to make them red; it might look good. You might also want to find some type of center cap to hige the bolts. Lookin'good though

-Marc

The white letters don't look bad..this is however the one situation in which I'd prefer them on the inside.

Well I decided to keep these as my stock SET, and I ordered a set of staggered Cobra R Rims. They are 18x9 F, 18x10 R. I am going to run 255/55/18 front with 285/50/18 rears. I can't wait!!!

CobraRWheels.jpg

Should look good after my 2" drop with alignment and camber kit (being done today, pics coming soon!)

:)

The cobra rims are going to look great. As far as the white lettering, I thought it was a nice contrast to the blacked out look, and when lowered I'd prolly keep them out with the cobra rims having the chrome trim on them.

Switch the tires around, for the all black look. Very nice.

Back