No Autolamp Problem With HIDs?

1995E

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT
I've read a lot about how the Autolamp feature doesn't work with aftermarket HID kits but I decided to keep my lights on Auto. Every time I started the car, I never had any problems with the HID not firing up. Is this only going to be temporary and I'll encounter the problem later or was the Autolamp for HID problem something else?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

same here.. haven't had any issues with the HID's not firing up on Auto mode..

It all depends on the quality of the hid kit at first I install the morimoto 3five kit and it was nothing but problems horrible experience flickering not firing up, had to replace 5 ballast that went bad all under warranty but very frustrating after so many issues I replaced that kit with hyluxtek kit from xe+ and it works perfectly now, have been running this for about 8 months an no issues at all, no flickering no restarts and it works with the auto lights, so stay away from Morimoto sure they have 5 year warranty but its nothing but trouble plus it's embarrassing to have a new car with non working headlights.

I have the Diode Dynamics kit. I leave it in auto full time, and it works great.

I bought a 22 dollar 55W Kit from Ebay, definitely cheap made in China HIDs but they are working pretty well. Open the ballasts up and it seems to be wired pretty well. It didn't come with an HID relay harness so I'll be adding in the harness for like 7 bucks. The HIDs have been great so far. I have been abusive to the HID bulbs by playing with them a lot. Hopefully they last me a while.

Back