NOTAJP goes solid 1st gen. leaves | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NOTAJP goes solid 1st gen. leaves

Time to join the club. It took me almost two months to complete my project due to lag time of receiving parts, receiving the wrong parts, spending many hours at work (still at war) and tools breaking down. All were under warrenty but still... If it could go wrong, it did. Something always goes wrong with any project. I have built many rigs in the past but this SAS was the worst of my luck. Once everything was here the project went very well. So far this thing drives, tracks, and feels great. Tomorrow hopefully I'll get it out on the highway.
Here's some of the hi-lights:

Rear axle:
8.8 with 4.56 grears and Detroit locker
SOA with AAL and Rancho RS9154 shocks
ProCompStainless steel brake lines
Comming soon: Disc brakes, OME 2" springs

Front axle:
Moved forward two inches.
Dana 30 HP with 4.56 grears, open carrier
Posi-lock cable axle disconnect
SOA with Rubicon Express 1.5" leaf springs, Bomerang shackles, F250 shock towers, and RS9012 shocks.
M.O.R.E. hi-steer cross over steering with heim joints
Rancho Steering stabilizer
ProComp Stainless steel brakes lines moved for more axle drop
Comming soon: Warn alloy shafts and hubs, ARB or Ox locker

Body:
Unlimited Products fiberglass cowl induction hood
Hannamen front fiberglass fenders
Baja Concepts rear fiberglass fenders
James Duff pre-runner winch bumper, Warn XD9000i winch
Comming soon: fiberglass rollpan, CRL customs rear bumper, and paint!

Interior:
JVC EL Calmelion Head Unit, Pioneer three ways up front and two ways in the rear
Uniden Classic CB
Flame gauges

Drivetrain:
stock 4.0L, 5 speed, BW 1354 all with 150k miles, one new clutch @ 100k
KKM True Rev Intake, Helix throttle body spacer, Jacobs Ignition and wires
200amp alternator, Optima Battery
17x10 American Racing Atlas polished wheels
315/70R17 (35x12.50R17) BFG All-Terrain tires. They measure a true 35" tall!
Comming soon: Center Force Duel Friction clutch, Custom front and rear driveshafts

All work was accomplished by myself

Who says you can't flex out leaf springs. I have 12.5" of wheel travel. You can see it in the pics. I started measuring for shocks on a 19* ramp. That wasn't enough (the rear tires came up the ramp before the front stoped flexing :eek:)so I used a fork lift.If I were to change anything, (and I will) I'll change the rear spring hangers. That is my binding point with the shackles. I could get a lot more flex out of those springs with different shackles and mounts. Then the price of 14" travel shocks more than tripple! maybe later...;)

You can check out some of the SAS build up pics in my gallery. Here's a few for starters:

Front spring hangers:
15272left_front_hanger.jpg

Rear spring hangers:
15272rear_hangers.jpg

Steering and axle:
15272steering__finished_and_painted.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, mine hasn't been SASed, yet... Derrick said I should talk to you about that though... I'm not positive if I'm coming to ID or UT yet, but either way I'll be within 2-3 hours of you two so we can get together for some WHEELIN!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: And if he's not carefull we'll get to see D :roll: too... LOL...

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Me?!? :roll: I don't do that. :rolleyes: Not on purpose anyways.

Yeah I was really shocked with Kents Explorer. When he ramped it backwards, the rear driver tire was coming off the ground before the passenger front tire even thought about coming off. Pretty amazing since everyone seems to be a leaf hater. :banghead: I wish mine was drivable so we could've ramped them together. Always good pics. :cool:

Oh and Heath you better watch out.......NOTAJPs wife is HOT too. :smoke: :chug:

It was a good time. I finally found something that could get the front leafs to fan out. You should have seen the looks from the JPs driving by. It was classic. :cool: It would have been awesome to have both Exploders down there at the same time. I'm sure the looks from his neighbors were only a fraction of the rubber neckin we could have had down at the Power Plant. Could have caused a few fender benders. :)

Heath, either way wheelin would be awesome. I've been to Salt Lake and it's not bad but never to Idaho Falls. I know there's some serious rigs and wheelin around Salt Lake. I'm sure we could get D to :roll: down there as well! lol.

Angel's face just got red :p . I've got plenty to say about your GF and her friend but I'll keep that to the PMs. Heard there's some moderators running around that might give me spankin. ;) :chug: :chug: :chug:

Derrick is that Amanda's truck in the first pic? How ironic.

I want to hear what you have to say about Amanda!!! LOL... And what more could we ask for than three big ass X's with hot chicks in them!!! :D

Yeah thats Amandas truck right there. They were actually checkin your ass out when you were bent over measuring wheel travel. I caught them red handed this time. :)

Yep 3 hotties, 3 big dawgs= big money if we work it right. :p :smoke:

I see VERY good times in the near future. :p

But any ways........When you gonna get your pics up Kent???

Heres a few more of mine.

Attachments

• derricks 052.jpg
    derricks 052.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 583
  • derricks 049.jpg
    derricks 049.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 576
  • derricks 051.jpg
    derricks 051.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 575

Use the dirty part of your mind. ;) :cool:

Derrick C. said:
They were actually checkin your ass out when you were bent over measuring wheel travel...[\QUOTE]
Yeah, nice isn't it? :D

I want to hear what you have to say about Amanda!!! LOL...
Gotta get Amanda's approval first. ;)

And what more could we ask for than three big ass X's with hot chicks in them!!!
Sounds like a photo op! :bounce:

Sounds like ALOT of photos!!!! :p

Flexin...

For some reason the pics from my Sony Clie' didn't turn out well. The really good pics are on my 35mm and I won't have those developed for a few. Here's a couple of pics that I liked where you can see the front axle really move and one pic where you can see the negative arch! I forgot to turn the shocks back up after the ramp so I drove about 200 miles without adjusting the shocks. Figured it out about half way home when I got a little body roll passing a semi @ 90mph. I still haven't turned them up. Pretty good for not having a sway bar. I'll get that done shortly.

Attachments

• DSC00110.JPG
    DSC00110.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 566
  • DSC00107.JPG
    DSC00107.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 578
  • DSC00106.JPG
    DSC00106.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 573

Heath said:
Hey, we're talkin about me here... Amanda loves me... You can tell me your thoughts... Either that or D will!!! LOL...

LOL! I've already talked to Amanda:p . Let's just say enough to make me smile and you wish you knew. :banghead:

LOL..... :smoke: :p

Oh you guys!!!!!

Don't worry there studedx, I wouldn't say anything unless you were there to hear it and it wouldn't be to anyone else for sure! Sorry Heath, but I'm a respectible guy, just had to mess with you a little. :)

Heath said:
Well, at least one of us is respectable... Because D and I sure as hell aren't!!!

ROFLMAO

How ironic is this???........Now its MINE!!! :thumbsup: :D

Attachments

• SASpics 005.jpg
    SASpics 005.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 460
  • SASpics 004.jpg
    SASpics 004.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 453

You suck!

Back