NW salmon thread 2005

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII
It is getting close to that time of the year again, The fall run is coming :thumbsup: I am expecting a poor run this year but some of the "experts" that do the qutoas for the gill netters (commerical) are saying they have a large run coming.
So about he middle to end of September if you guys want to come down this ways on a Saturday we could hit up the cowlitz or green river (cowlitz county green river),or toutle rivers for some chinook or silver salmon maybe a steelhead

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Joe, I'm planning on dragging for meat on the sound next weekend. I'm trying to talk Bryce into coming along.

I have room for another ;) ;)

Lets hope it is a good year :thumbsup:

Joe, are you going up to Tahuya with the B-ll's?

We could pick you up in Gig Harbor :)

Just got back from the washougal out of Camas, nailed some nice steelhead, all half pounders, 3-4 lbs.
Hit the smith on the way home, one 15 lb salmon.
A few small steelhead on the Klamath, than home
Smokers smoken as we speke

Albino 94LTD said:
Joe, are you going up to Tahuya with the B-ll's?

We could pick you up in Gig Harbor :)

I wish my explorer was rolling, this will be the second b-ll meet at tahuya I have missed that place is going to be packed with them.
I am going to spend the weekend on getting the sub systems in my motorhome working, the generator is not getting fuel and the frig is not getting propane so I while I wait for my axle to get finished, I will be getting ready for the Evans creek trip and once the salmon start running so do I.

spindlecone-Do you have people up here? or do you just come up here to fish?

jrgaylor said:
I wish my explorer was rolling, this will be the second b-ll meet at tahuya I have missed that place is going to be packed with them.
I am going to spend the weekend on getting the sub systems in my motorhome working, the generator is not getting fuel and the frig is not getting propane so I while I wait for my axle to get finished, I will be getting ready for the Evans creek trip and once the salmon start running so do I.

spindlecone-Do you have people up here? or do you just come up here to fish?
JR
My Mom And dad lived in onalaska for 15 years, my dad, Bill Barber was the founder of the ford galaxy club of america, he died last year. we have this little summer house in Camas, my bro lives up north in poulsbo,I sorta grew up in bremerton, sister lives on anacortas, know the hood, hate the weather

THEEERRE here time to rip some lips :D

What's a good day for you and I'll try to get away. (might have to drive the wife's Galant due to gas prices :( )

I am going to head up to the green river probably tomorrow after I get off work at noon and check out the creels, what type of schudule(s) do you have? The run is just coming in but who knows how long it will last, there is Kings in Toutle river.
I will have a better idea of the situation after I get up there and check it out.
with you coming from so far north I suspect a Saturday or Sunday would work best for you???
With me working 10 hour days right now I have about a 1 to 2 hours of fishing time If I haul a** after work to get to the river.

I can do a week day if I know a couple days ahead.

We have things this weekend. If it was really hot, I might not get in too much trouble if I come home with some meat.

What about a late Friday(16th) afternoon, like meeting up down here at about 2:45-3 and then heading to the river. you can never be sure about bring home fish, I have seen it go from hot to cold in just minutes, I have gone down and my first cast bang I got a steelhead and standing right next to me was aguy fishing the same spot for hour before nadda, so that is why they call it fishing insteading of catching, but I preferr catching :D

That's doable. I'll confirm mid week.

"A bad day fishing is better than a good day of work" :thumbsup:

the fish I saw were big (20+ pounds) and bright, the bad news is I only saw about 12-16 fish taken while I was up there for about 3 hours and a lot of people. So I will run up there probably evening again see if things have improved

P - a interesting couple of stories

Just down from where we were last on the river a undisclosed person went down on Saturday morning with a buddy fishing just up from him.
Shortly after that a non localite showed up all GQ'd up with all sorts of doodadds etc.. and tried to hole in on my friends, well a undisclosed person told him to find find his own place, so he crosses right through the chute they were fishing and from the other side of the river started fishing into the chute they were drifting, so a undisclosed person snags the guys line reels in the other fellows lure cuts his line and puts his lure in his pockets and says THANKS. The guys jaw dropped put got the hint and found his own place on the river. :D

and where we were at last someone else was there and when it got too crowded by him he let some chrome flash from his belt line, that seemed to help :D

If you went there now you would be amazed at what looks like a circus, so many people

UGH!

That river is so toxic with lead. When you and I were there, we left about 1 pound ourselves. I can't imagine how much is in there. I felt bad all the way home. :(

I'm trying to figure out how I can get away and stand in the middle of the Yakima Friday ;)

Albino 94LTD said:
UGH!

That river is so toxic with lead. When you and I were there, we left about 1 pound ourselves. I can't imagine how much is in there. I felt bad all the way home. :(

I'm trying to figure out how I can get away and stand in the middle of the Yakima Friday ;)

It is just a normal cycle, we were just returning the lead to the earth, just trying to do my part :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back