dreamr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lynnwood WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XL / 4x4 / 4.0 ohv
So are we going to do this or what?

But JR You have to come too so we need to centralize it a bit more. I would be willing to offer my "yard" if Edmonds isn't too far, but it'll be cramped!!!!!!!!!!

A Park w/shelter(no beer :mad: ) or a campground(beer) would make good alternatives as well.

C'mon I know there are quite a few more of you up here than I have met and this can be a truly no body damage event :D :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What about maybe meeting At Tahuya? they have a camp ground?
I am 15 minutes east of exit 71 off of I-5 just to give you a idea how far south I is. I am going to be in milton the last saturday of march in the morning if i was going to go further north that would be a good day.

jrgaylor said:
I am going to be in milton the last saturday of march in the morning if i was going to go further north that would be a good day.
Sounds like a good time to me :thumbsup: If I can wait that long :rolleyes:

The weather the last couple of days has me cleaning the Q on the back patio. I got a fresh tank monday :) should be good for the season.

Anyone doing anything this weekend?

Long trek for a bbq.... I would like to go but all depends on if/when El Tranny ***** out again...

SnowExploder said:
Long trek for a bbq.... I would like to go but all depends on if/when El Tranny ***** out again...
If we do end up at Tahuya, at least we'll feel at home in the trees. :D We can play a little even if it has become tame. :eek:

I have be wanting to go to reiter pit, but my rig will be down for a short while after I go to browns camp at the end of Febuary, I will be hopefully putting a ARB up front and having some driveshaft work done and tweaking the traintrain a little ;)

I could be very busy at work this spring, 60 hour weeks :thumbdwn:
but corprate greed keeps the OT cash flowing :thumbsup:

SnowExploder- I got a rebuilt tranny with a high stall converter,kevlar clutches and a trango shift kit from a company in AZ for about $1200+core which included shipping about a year ago, so far I have put about 6k miles on it and so far so good they do have models without the upgrades for about $750+ core

jrgaylor said:
What about maybe meeting At Tahuya? they have a camp ground?

I am 15 minutes east of exit 71 off of I-5 just to give you a idea how far south I is.

Tahuya would not be a bad spot to meet up for a Q.

Exit 71 huh thats 107 exit numbers down from mine, that is a long ways.

Are there any year around fishin holes down in that area??? :D

It's about a 3.5 hour drive for me, but I wouldn't mind going. Depends on when though. :D

Pahelo

dreamr said:
Are there any year around fishin holes down in that area??? :D

Bush Sr. use to come to the cowlitz once or so a year to fish for steelhead, So I am told. The cowlitz is only a few miles from my house. :D

jrgaylor said:
SnowExploder- I got a rebuilt tranny with a high stall converter,kevlar clutches and a trango shift kit from a company in AZ for about $1200+core which included shipping about a year ago, so far I have put about 6k miles on it and so far so good they do have models without the upgrades for about $750+ core

Sounds intriguing, do you have the information on that company?

Katie, ask Glacier991 to check them out first.

My roomate bought a AOD for his Lincoln from them two years ago. Flawless tranny, and cheap price.

I've had 3 BBQ's since this thread was started, but no one else has bothered to show up :D

Premier is coming over Friday :p

Didn't hear you inviting anyone though Albino ;)

Really, lets get this thing planned. I don't mind the idea of Tahuya, but also we have a few locals lurking on the board, that are more in the stock/street scene. It would be nice to get together at an easily accessible place for Q and beers.

I know there are others checking this thread, so post and join us. It is always just 3 or 4 of us that actually get together, all the rest of you should introduce your selves as well.

My thoughts are the end of Feb to the beginning of March as a time frame.

The location is the toughy as we are all spread all the way down the seaboard to Oregon. Tahuya's campground would be good, but I worry about those from Seattle wanting to get home via ferry late at night. Me, I sleep where I drink. :D

My other concern with a campground is our fickle WA weather. I don't mind playing in the rain, but a shelter would be nice, especially for those of us with little ones. A warm shelter where the party can continue rather than us all getting in our respective X's.

Now if I only knew where that where was. My concrete pad of a back yard is available, just up north a bit for JR. Hey Albino, How big is your yard and grill :p ? You are a little further south.

But then I suppose that Tahuya is quite a drive for DWD up in (arlington?) Not to mention Gina (bellingham) if she catches this thread and is interested.

Any more suggestions anyone..............?

OH,,,,,,,,,,,,,you mean I have to invite people for them to show up?????? :rolleyes:

Perhaps we need multiple events, a couple of Meet & Greet's and a Naches planning party?

We could have a North M&G and a South M&G so the gregarious folks can attend both and those that don't want to drive all day, can stay local.

Then Tahuya for the Naches planning party and some dirt play?

SO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, lurkers from the North, where is a good place to meet????

Joe, how about a place down there?

What about the last saturday of march up north somewhere, I will be in milton in AM, I should be done with the FWORC club meeting around 9:30 AM

To determine the best location everyone who wants to be involved with a BBQ needs to speak up, I think the majority of the people are up north.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If we don't want to cook our own, there is Dixie's. It's in the NE corner of teh intersection of I-405 and SR-520.

Excellent Q and you get to meet "The Man" (I dare you! I have and I'll never forget it :eek: )

I gotta make sure they are open on Saturday's though and we HAVE to be there before 11, or whenever they open.

Back