Ol' Scrappy | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ol' Scrappy

Hello all my names Sam, but people call me El Fuego

Since today is my 20th birthday (I really never thought I would make it to 20), I have renewed my elite status. It feels great. I was elite back in 08, but never really got around to doing anything.

Wow it's been four years since I found this website. I think I was looking for a way to replace one of my tail lights because it had cracked. haha...

Since then I have graduated high school, gone to college, and I am now back home from college. No I did not graduate in 2 years lol, I'm trying to help my parents out with the money issues, since the whole economic crisis has hit my dads work. I do miss my collegiate friends (if you can call them that HAHA) and my fraternity, and most just the college life. But I'm happy to pay for community college while working. Which brings me to my next subject, my new job.

Because of yall I have done things to my truck that I never thought I would do. Because of yall you have made me dive into automotive text books and find out things that were fascinating to me. It is now my number one hobby and will continue to be throughout my life. This has led me to study for my Automotive degree at Community College, originally I was going to do Motor Sport Engineering Technology at Old Dominion University (I still plan too, just at some other time). I have been hired by my next door neighbor (he's a automotive genius) and he says I have great potential. He's teaching me as well, not just one of those bosses who tosses you a wrench and says try to go fix this.

Anywho sorry for the bore, but thanks guys you have given me a great opportunity and have opened new doors that I wouldn't have been to open by myself.

Heres my ex, here name was maria, but then she got busted, so now it's Ol' Scrappy...I try to take care of her but she just loves being dirty

Since I have a little extra change with my job I am going to be 3-4 projects between spring and summer.

BW 4406, TMH, POR 15 the frame and Undercoating the body, fixing odds and ends

here are some pics from stock to how it is now

IMG_2914.jpg

0625090614.jpg

IMG_3935.jpg

noname.jpg

Sam

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice mounty

This community can be a little influential to say the least. Your doing some real mods, not just stereos and exhaust stickers. Congrats & happy B-day.

This community can be a little influential to say the least. Your doing some real mods, not just stereos and exhaust stickers.

Shhhhhhhhh! :shifty_ey

Jeff

Nice truck man, gotta get that bumper up a bit though. :D

yup I haven't been froadin in a while, been tied up in with school, a gf, and a job. Ill lift the bumper I even have a chrome bumper in my basement. IDK why but i love chrome bumpers on trucks

woo got my magnaflow in! its Magnaflow 122638 i think not completely sure...but its 2.5 dual in/2.5 out....ill get pics and a sound clip when i put it on....

having worked on plenty of trucks i'm amazed they dont have large exhaust systems....i was under a chevy and its pipes were only 2" just the tail pipe was 2.5....i guess they were saving money

haha wtf....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il_vMNmkCSU&feature=related

anyway heres my truck with just the pipes will get the exhaust done today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnUZbBeqmUk

woo got my magnaflow in! its Magnaflow 122638 i think not completely sure...but its 2.5 dual in/2.5 out....ill get pics and a sound clip when i put it on....

having worked on plenty of trucks i'm amazed they dont have large exhaust systems....i was under a chevy and its pipes were only 2" just the tail pipe was 2.5....i guess they were saving money

haha wtf....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il_vMNmkCSU&feature=related

anyway heres my truck with just the pipes will get the exhaust done today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnUZbBeqmUk

Your going to love the magnaflow all the sound when you want it without the droaning on the highway. I loved the way my mustang sounded with them.

Nice truck and nice mods your doing to her

sorry double post

thanks guys, I like your explorer Glen and yellowford What kind of mustang did you have. I have to admit I like the pipes but it's got no acceleration and I want the truck to sound tuned not balls out loud.

Install will happen soon

Next stop TMH!

Also why was that 97 mountaineer in Columbia possible mercury drug smuggling operation...haha

Thanks person21 I still have yet to do any real mods to it.

woo! muffler is all done! Damn does that thing get hot... I burned my finger today touching the tail pipe...i know not a smart idea

Woo! it took so long to upload a clip cause of work and school, besides that i have painted the inside of the doors to help prevent rust and also sprayed the outside with rubberized coating. I sorta messed up on one, but it's a truck it's not meant to be beautiful...haha

I want a 4406 damnit...only more work hours will do

Back