• Register Today It's free!

OOM 12 UK Ford Part Numbers...

Bigusdickus

Reaction score
City, State
Bristol UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611528&page=2&pp=20

(The above should show) www.explorer/forums/showthread.php?t=6115288&page=28&pp=20

For some reason it wont upload.)

These Are The Uk Ford Part Numbers For The Oom12 Mod

Air Manifold Intake O Rings...
And Hydralic Camshaft Chain Tensioner

Kit 1. O Rings Chain Tensioner And Oil Gallery Insert... F4146343 (about £46.00)
Kit2. Replacement Oil Gallery Cap And Asorted Washers.... F3917366 ( About £3.60)

If the above link works you should see a thread that shows how to do it.

Dick Brooks

You did better than me. My local dealer was dumb founded. I assume those prices are excluding VAT. Well done. :D

Hi,

I went today to my local Ford dealer and they can get these kits within a few days. However the price here in Sweden seems about twice as much as these... :mad:

Bigusdickus said:
Kit 1. O Rings Chain Tensioner And Oil Gallery Insert... F4146343 (about £46.00)
Kit2. Replacement Oil Gallery Cap And Asorted Washers.... F3917366 ( About £3.60)

Does anyone here know of a cheap and reliable european online store who have Ford original parts and can ship within the EU?

By the way, is the wellmentioned copper gasket for the timing tensioner included in any of these packs??

Whats The Cost Of The Oom12 Repair

Been quoted £1800 for the replacement of the primary front tensioners on my 98 XLT by Brammall Laidlaw in Kirkcaldy Fife.

Waiting for them to fax me a break down, this should be fun, but I believe that the mark up time for this is 7 hours and parts are £50. 8 * 50 = £400 plus vat.

Am I right? Anybody know any dealer in central scotland that does the oom12 repair.

Ford blew me out on the tsb recall stating it was a "warranty extension that ended in 2003"

ANy help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

Back