Ordered a 22 | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered a 22

I ordered my wife's ST back in November as well, status has said "built" since March 28th and we have yet to take delivery. It's been awaiting shipment for 3 months now. I'm starting to get discouraged by the whole process, this is incredibly frustrating.
Well the dealership continues to receive Explorers. A couple that I've noticed lately had blend dates that were March/April. Just doesn't make any sense to me
Yeah, mine said "built" awaiting shipping for almost 3 months as well on the order status page. They told me it was because it was built, but still waiting on some chips to be installed and programmed. It officially shipped (via rail to San Antonio) on 6/10/22 and was received at the dealer in Austin on 6/22/22.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welp after 6 months I finally got the email that mine is being scheduled for August 29th....not sure why it took so long, but alas we are here...how soon should I have access to the window sticker, the link is there but I am unable to view it at this time

Window stickers are usually available 7-10 days before the build.

Peter

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - Just went to dealership - Has shipping list stating my vehicle was delivered on the 7th . BUT - they don't have the vehicle , or the keys - and they don't know where it is . I got nuthin . Unbelievable .

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - Just went to dealership - Has shipping list stating my vehicle was delivered on the 7th . BUT - they don't have the vehicle , or the keys - and they don't know where it is . I got nuthin . Unbelievable .
Maybe they sold it.

Maybe they sold it.
My buddy the salesman says they can't , lol . Startin to not believe him after lookin around the sites . May be losing a friend and going elsewhere .

I ordered my wife's ST back in November as well, status has said "built" since March 28th and we have yet to take delivery. It's been awaiting shipment for 3 months now. I'm starting to get discouraged by the whole process, this is incredibly frustrating.
I am shocked. I ordered my 2022 hybrid platinum in June and it just came in that. But they said it is missing lots of perks. I am so bummed. No lumbar seats, no auto start/stop feature which I really don’t understand how that is affected since it is a hybrid.

I am shocked. I ordered my 2022 hybrid platinum in June and it just came in that. But they said it is missing lots of perks. I am so bummed. No lumbar seats, no auto start/stop feature which I really don’t understand how that is affected since it is a hybrid.
Did they give you a piece of paper that was obviously copied 100 times that tells you they'll reinstall that stuff when it becomes available? They did that with us with our rear HVAC controls.

anyone in here previously ordered a Explorer and can give me their timeline from order to picked up?
I ordered my 22 Ford Explorer ST-line December 11th and patiently waiting for updates. Ford has confirmed the order.
The dealer told me it’s a 6-8 week time range.
My 2022 Explorer Timberline took 245 days.

I'm impressed with the patience you have shown. 👍 Whew.....
Go over to the Bronco forums and see how long some of them have been waiting. My wife and I waited 2 years for one before canceling and ordering an explorer. But 245 days is still a really long wait!

Im
I'm impressed with the patience you have shown. 👍 Whew.....
At 271 and counting. Fully expecting a couple more months :(

I've heard of people waiting over 18 months for their tourneo van as well. And then being delivered with scratches, dings and missing equipment :s

At 271 and counting. Fully expecting a couple more months :(
This is a question, not a criticism. Why would you go through this trouble to buy a vehicle that it seems Ford doesn't really support in your market? Will parts and service be a similar problem? Wouldn't it be easier to get something like a German made vehicle?

This is a question, not a criticism. Why would you go through this trouble to buy a vehicle that it seems Ford doesn't really support in your market? Will parts and service be a similar problem? Wouldn't it be easier to get something like a German made vehicle?
Simpler yes, higher quality, most likely, better service, that too.

But try to find a comparable package in specs. The performance and equipment on the ST, can't be beat. Especially at its pricelevel. Even with it's increased price, (+6k making it a 90-92k euro car) its a "cheap" car. Trying to find a comparable german car would mean spending at the very least 50k more. More likely about 70k. Or at least, in the Netherlands thank to our awesome tax laws 😭

Yikes... And I thought our tax situation in California was bad... Some time ago I bought an Audi in the U.S. and picked it up at the factory in Ingolstadt, Germany. Driving around Europe I visited some friends in Switzerland and they said I paid about 2/3 what it would have cost them for the same car. I guess it's the same situation. Sorry to hear that and hope you get it soon and enjoy it.

Back