Ordered my new Tires! White letters in or out? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered my new Tires! White letters in or out?

Just dropped hammer on 15x8 Black Rock D-Window Steel in black with Falken Rocky Mountain ATS 31x10.50x15. This is my second Falken set of tires and I like how their white lettering is more of an outline style than a raised style. My Truck is Black with the grey two-tone bumper and lower doors. The wheels have their logo etched in a light silver. Should I mount the tires with the white letters in, or out? Thanks for your opinions!

rockyMountainAtsHead4.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks waaay better with the white lettering showing. Good choice.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice, looks better with the white letters out, just breaks up all the black. Looks sportier and more aggressive.

Nice, looks better with the white letters out, just breaks up all the black. Looks sportier and more aggressive.

Thanks guys. I am thinking of blacking out the grey section of the bottom but I might just go for an entire flat black paint job anyway.

i had this dilemma as well, i went with white in, but i really like corkey's and midnight rebel's look too. i think i might go with white out for my next set for a while and see if i like it :)

edit - corkey, how do you like those tires??? i was looking at them for my next set, since i live even higher up in the rocky mountains now heh

White out- good choice!

Jen, while I have no experience with mud tires in snow, in theory they shouldn't be as good as an all-terrain or dedicated winter tire in the snow. Mud tires have large blocks and no sipes (biting edges). There are lots of people that run muds in the snow though.

To reply to something further back, I had BFG Mud Terrains right before a set of their A/Ts. The Mud Terrains SUCKED in the snow. The tread is just too open to do what it needs to.
The A/Ts have a tighter tread pattern that bites better in the snow. They don't clear mud near as well but I see way more snow than mud so it was a no brainer for me.

Just something to consider.

And OP - I voted white in but it looks very nice out. Good choice.

Back