OTA Updates

Dale5403

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mondovi, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I received a message from Ford Pass this afternoon saying that my Explorer had received an update and needed to be restarted to complete it. Does anyone know what the update is? Attached is a screen shot of the software version.

Sync Version.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got the same thing on my Ford Pass. I already have the map and Sync 20136, so don't know what it's about.

It was either the latest 20136 update, or the map update.

I had done both of those updates prior to yesterday.

It could possibly be just a generic notice sent out to all owners assuming that OTA updates are now available. :dunno:

Peter

Peter, I don't think it was generic. After I received the notice, I checked the software and it said it was up to date as of 11 AM and I had not started it until the afternoon. It was after using it that I got the notice from Ford Pass. Haven't driven it since so I don't know if any thing has changed.

Thanks. Haven't started my Aviator yet today. Will see if it has any msg.

Peter

Update; no message. I don't have the Lincoln Way app installed on my phone so perhaps it may have been sent that way.

Ahh, I missed the Ford Pass piece. No idea then.

Same message that I received.

Reads like maybe a TCU update or some other related component.

What exactly does it mean to "start your vehicle with your key fob"? Why wouldn't it update with just having the key fob on your person and just hitting the start button?

Perhaps using Remote Start will finalize the software update. Then starting it manually will complete the other features. :dunno:

Peter

I did remote start with the key fob as I wasn't sure what the meaning was either. Ford could be a little more clear about it.
Peter, did you check your Aviator to see if it did an OTA software update?

I did remote start with the key fob as I wasn't sure what the meaning was either. Ford could be a little more clear about it.
Peter, did you check your Aviator to see if it did an OTA software update?
Yes I did. I updated my post. I already had the update installed via the USB. Just curious if would have given me a message anyway.

Peter

What exactly does it mean to "start your vehicle with your key fob"? Why wouldn't it update with just having the key fob on your person and just hitting the start button?

It is just saying to be in the vehicle with the key fob and push the start button. After the update is done you can't start remotely until you complete a manual start by pushing the start button.

Back