• Register Today It's free!

Performance Chip

Crakaman

Reaction score
City, State
Fairfax, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Explorer Sport
I have been looking for a Chip for my 93 explorer for a long time now, and the only one that i can seem to find is made by Jet, and i have only heard bad things about Jet, so does anyone know of any other chips?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do a search for Apten chip. From what I have read, it seems like the best one, although I don't know if they make one for the 1st gen.

I hope your information is incorrect. LOL. I just ordered me a Jet Chip from ExplorerExpress. But of course like everything they sell, they stand behind it. It does seem that the majority favorite is the Chip made by Apten. I tried in a forum down below, Group Purchases to get a group buy going on the Apten, but never heard back from someone at Apten about it. I was going to purchase the dual Apten Chip, programed for low and high octane driving or one for normal driving with 87 octane, and the other part programmed for hauling my golf cart and trailor around.

HotDogs

everyone here has nothing but good stuff to say about Apten Chips...we're currently trying to work a deal out with them at work

Thank you all for your input I will def. check that out, because I was going also looking to use low octane gas because my truck doesn't seem to like high test, it misses and runs like crap when i put high test in. Thanks again

I have a 94 XLT and I got a Superchip and it works great, I defenitely noticed a difference. It won't run ****ty with high octane if you add a chip, because the chip recalibrates your engine to run at optimum power with high octane.

Superchip told me that they couldn't chip my truck, the earliest they can chip is a 95.

That is really strange, because mine is a Superchip...hmm. Maybe a supplier that was left out of the loop, I couldn't imagine how that is possible

Back