Picked up a new project | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Picked up a new project

any updates...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No real updates, just started sanding on the body and that's about it. Got the exsaust back on.

Here is proof she runs though :D

Taken a month ago, or so..Clickity

:burnout:

With time comes progress

Actually worked on the old girl today. Got her sanded and primered. Not sure on what we're going to do about paint :rolleyes: There is talk of a urban camo theme. :usa:

Prime2.jpg

Prime.jpg

and oh so appropriate for SoCal. :cool: ;)

we were thinking something like this :D

Sky%20Blue.JPG

^^^^^

looks like the typical urban camo to me. :)

Thats when it was still "clean" I put many more dents in after that picture was taken. The only body panels that weren't dented from 4 wheeling were the roof and tailgate :D

BKennedy said:
Is this truck still going to be a Chick's truck?

Well, I don't think it's really the little sis project anymore :rolleyes: She dosn't seem to really give a ---- :fire: She's had a car sitting in the driveway to drive for 3 months now and still does not have her driver's licences. I wonder some times if she even wants it. It just really makes me upset to put my sweat, blood, and time into something when it is not appreciated.

We desided it's not worth putting the money into a nice paint job. For what? it's not exsactly a collector car :rolleyes: We just need to get it on the street. There was talk that I may drive it while my truck is in pieces for the SAS. But we'll see.

RockRanger said:
Make this your trail rig then. Sure would be easier to SAS teh ranger then your explorer.

Trust me...we've thought about it! We'd pretty much only keep the cab and frame though :p

so any updates on the truck?

SkanlaxJMO said:
so any updates on the truck?

Yesterday we put everything back on, going to leave it primer for now. We'll see if we can get it on the street in the next few weeks.

:eek: Shocking, I know :D

so what happend to this thing?

It siting in my dads backyard waiting for a new motor. Once we fiish my SAS we'll go back to getting it running. It can move on it's own...sort of. The current problems with it are.

1. it smokes pretty bad. Going to get a new block for it.
2. brakes arn't working right. I belive it's a vacuum problem. (they worked fine before)
3. the cluch is't working right. maybe a leak (also worked fine before)

Other then that and my little sis will most likly never drive this truck :rolleyes: .

She STILL, has not gotten her driver's licence. :confused: and now she has screwed her self out of driving any of my dad's cars. The insurace company said she must have a licence by the time she was 20 and 1/2. (last Sunday). Other wise she can be can't be on my dad's policy or drive any of the cars under it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back