Picked up a new project | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Picked up a new project

After we get the new engine in and running, I belive we're going to paint it. I think we desided on Dark Grey with black racing stripes up the center;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i would never be able to have the same project for this long i am just way to impatient...i have only had my 05 for a month and its already scratched dented and getting customized and i have only made one payment :)

Hope that rust isn't through... If it's surface I would suggest some naval jelly and a little primer / paint ... so much hard work going into this, would be a shame to see the cab rust through!

Well did some work on the little moster today. Dove into the interior, and ripped it all out to start the painting prosess. The Interior will be Black and Grey.

12287inside_3.jpg

Update....

There is a 4.0 in the engine compartment now...

That is all;)

...Has the motor been cranked over yet...:bounce:

4.0L right at home in there, just like it was made to be there :)

...Has the motor been cranked over yet...:bounce:

no..no.. Still have to do all the wiring and fuel stuff:(

Does any one know...Jamie?

Can we use the old '85 tank by just swaping out the pump? Or do we need to find a newer tank?

No I was asking Jamie...

We're doing 2.8 to 4.0. I think 2.9 to 4.0 is easier. FI to FI, vs we're doing Carb to FI:rolleyes:

After reading all 13 pages i was hoping for a Jurassic park paint job but that would just be silly wouldn't it lol. Keep up the good work man look great.

You need the EFI in tank pump yes. the 2.8L works on like 8psi fuel pressure, our 2.9L EFI system is like 80psi

I would grab the lines, filter, tank, everything from a 2.9L or even better 4.0L ranger.

I have alot of wiring info for you if you want it, interfacing the 4.0L computer to your 2.8L truck is a snap... after you remove 80% of the 4.0L crap (headlights, ABS, etc) from the 4.0L harness you will have like 16 wires total to deal with

Bonus = 4.0L power distribution box with only 3 relays and 4 fuses inside it, LOTS of room to expand for accessories. I have ALL my accessory relays and fuses in my 94 power box, makes a CLEAN install....

email me for wiring info
jamiesan@fortuneelevatorconsultants.com

Is the pump in the tank or on the frame rail. I have never messed with the 2.8. if it is on the frame rail just swap in an aftermarket hi pressure pump. We are using a E2000 pump on Tracy's jeep. It works great.

ive just read all 13 pages and i notece its been about 4 months since the last update, whats going on with the truck?

4.0 Swap is almost complete. I think we're just finishing fuel lines, and then we just have to do the wiring;)

Fuel lines now all connected. Still waiting on time to do the wiring.
Extra things that need to be addressed:
Need to wrap exhaust with exhaust tape(just came in the mail) fuel lines and brake lines a little too close for comfort.
Need to decide on final paint job! Stic-o wants Dark gray with black racing stripe. Zukmam wants Raptor wrap. Zukman just wants it done and driving!

done and driving then paint! cant imagine having new paint first! LOL

I vote sparkle purple just like everyone tells me to do (fat chance in hell! sparkle purple belongs on golf carts and my little ponies not Fords!)

Oh oh oh wait paint it like a trex with scales and eyes and everything, then follow it around in your Ex!

Just need to do the wiring for the motor, however it's been a bit overwellming.:(

need a ford tech manual? i could prob mail it to you if you would like to borrow it. or maybe make some photo copies of it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Actually I have the wiring guide and now that we bought the 91 Explorer, we something to go off of:thumbsup:

Back