pismo beach run? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

pismo beach run?

coolchris

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
hey guys, i was just up at the dunes in pismo beach last weekend and it was sooo awesome! since my brother lives up in san louis obispo now ill be visiting up there a lot now. i was wondering if anyone was interested in making a pismo beach run to the dunes sometime and we could all get passes and camp out on the beach and hit up the dunes during the day. what do you guys think? i attached some pics from my trip to teh dunes last weekend...
228387_37_full.jpg
228387_36_full.jpg
228387_38_full.jpg
228387_46_full.jpg
228387_49_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm up for it! I just need a day and time so I can plan for it.

what do you do? Just try to haul ass and jump and crap or what? I've never been there. I would like to go up there to check out that as well as cal poly san luis obispo...do you know how far it is away chris?(if your brother goes there)

I am soooooo there!!!! My Girl Friend has a trailer that she gets towed out to the campsite, so let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's pick some dates!

san lous is about 15 min north of pismo beach my bro goes to cal poly. I might be up for cruising up there.

Matt

nice nice pic of the truck with 2 wheels off the ground!

Originally posted by RockRanger
san lous is about 15 min north of pismo beach my bro goes to cal poly. I might be up for cruising up there.

Matt

Thad be cool dude. We should check it out

hey guys, ive been out of town, ill be back home wednesday then we should set a date, its so incredibly fun!

Im in let me know when.

haha i forgot that we never decided anything on this thread... do you guys still wanna make a date for this? im totally down any time i am free most weekends. what do you guys wanna do?

and josh... last time i went up to SLO it took about 3 hours 30 mins without much traffic at all, but the first time it took more like 4 hours and 30 mins... so it really depends on that traffic through la and santa barbra.

Would that be from your pad or from pismo? How long to pismo? How far in between are they? Hey chris and ron, I went to off road general store on friday and was talking to the dude about farbicating all this crap for my truck. Then all of a sudden he's like, "ya know you have a broken bracket right?" I was cussing like a mother but I had him fix it for 50. There was a 2-1/2" long crack in the stupid axle pivot drop-down. I'm beginning to think this superlift crap is causing more problems than its worth...Piece of ****.

Anyway, I'm still interested in pismo run, so let me know

thats 3 hours and 30 mins to cal poly from my house... pismo is about 20 mins south of SLO so it COULD take about 3 hours to get to pismo but thats hauling ass with no traffic so id guess its more like 3 1/2 - 4 hours to pismo on a normal day with traffic here and there in our trucks. then the campus is just about 20 mins north, not a far drive at all.

and by the way... josh, what was that cb place you and ron were talking about? i picked up a cb, but i need an antenna and base or whatever i need besides the actual radio.

edit- nevermind i jsut got your pm, thanks ill look em up.

Any weekend is fine for me, good thing it's on the coast, I won't have to use the a/c that i don't have.

Im not going to be making any trips up there anytime soon to wheel. Dont think my truck will be wheelable till thanksgiving at the earlest

Matt

Back