Pismo the weekend of June 2nd. | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pismo the weekend of June 2nd.

No, it was my uncle that lives by you. :) Pops lives in Irvine, but might be picking up a sandrail (and maybe it's owner) in Lakewood and I'm in Huntington. I'll know later this week if he is picking it up or not. I'm not exactly sure where we'll meet yet, but I'll keep you posted.

We were thinking of leaving that late to let the northbound LA traffic open up. It's one of those things where if you leave at 7am or 10 am, you'll get there at the same time because of the traffic...especially on a Friday.

I'm getting excited. It's nowhere near as big as it used to be, and I haven't been there (in the dunes) for at least 12 years now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

traffic??? the 91 has traffic 7 days a week, lmao...but i hear you...alot of times its not bad on a holiday weekend friday since most people leave thurs night or noon friday...it's been about 25 years for me....eww, flashbacks...but the jail was new back then, lmao...long story and it was my buddy who got carted off...we weren't their 5 mins on friday and i picked him up on tuesday...the good ol days..

Wish I could go but I can't afford it and I have the truck upfor sale. I hope everyone has fun. Good luck everyone.

James:salute:

could you make it to fudds in ontario this sat, maybe, for a meet and greet???...its posted in the socal meet and greet thread

I'd love to go but my wallet is still recovering from Moab:eek: Seems like all I did was put gas in the Ranger. Hope to catch the next one;)

hmmm....clarkkent...i am notorius for getting popped over the stupidous stuff when it comes to rules, lmao....i just want to double check with you...this is the pismo info link...
http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=1227

ive been going to pismo for years, i have never once seen one "street driven" vehicle with a flag out there. if you get a ticket for not having one, i'll buy you a flag and dinner. :)

roflmao, thanks guys...years ago when i was there it used to be flags in the dune area only...thats what i get for reading...lmao...btw, i might have some really big news by the time i get there but i'm not wanting to jinx it....hint: i might need a good 4.0 engine....

im starting to wish this meet was at the end of july. :( my truck is not even finished. it has one headlight and no cage yet. :(

but im still gonna go!

if it was in july i might have a new toy to drive up instead...if it is going to be cancelled for next weekend, let me know so i can order parts instead and get ready for july trip...

no, we should definetly have it next weekend. and then we should have another one at the end of summer!!!! yay!

sounds good to me...

it'll be called pismo weekend part 2~

don't want to jinx it but, it has 6" suspension, 2" bl and seats alot more people than my ranger...and it's this color :D

toy??? uh, no. more of a project first then a toy....

:D i'm waking this thread back up as it is 4 1/2 days before we leave...lets here from whose in...i am but it will be a tight schedule with only 3 days to work..

clarkkent:
it's official :confused: ...i just bought my first x and want to get it running before pismo, part deux....:D

I am iffy right now gotta see what my work schedule looks like right now and wonder if i will have the cash or not? but gonna try

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just got back in town, and I'm ready for Pismo already.

tbars - I'll let you know about when my dad and I are leaving tomorrow. Hopefully he knows if and when he's picking up the sandrail.

Back