Pre-Collision Assist Not Available | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pre-Collision Assist Not Available

Any update?

I picked up a 2016 today with the same problem. :mad:

I'm hoping I don't have as much trouble as you have had to get it fixed.
Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:
I'm guessing that you've checked all the settings for it. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They had the car for approximately a week this time and had a ford engineer look at it. They are "confident" it was the bracket that held the module and replaced it. I have only put about 100 miles on the car since getting it back. It has reoccurred around after I have put 300-400 miles each time (3X).

They had the car for approximately a week this time and had a ford engineer look at it. They are "confident" it was the bracket that held the module and replaced it. I have only put about 100 miles on the car since getting it back. It has reoccurred around after I have put 300-400 miles each time (3X).

Unless I'm missing something how did the engineer come to the conclusion that a bracket caused the module to lose communication?

Did they say anything to what I stated before?

Jlums, please update when they figure out what the problem is. I am not confident that the bracket was the problem on mine. Thanks

So it's doing it again if I'm reading this right?

This is on the repair invoice from Ford.

"Confirmed customer complaint adaptive cruise inop. Performed koeo self test, received code B142E:78 Forward Looking Sensor Horizontal Alignment: Alignment or Adjustment Incorrect. Removed front bumper and inspect sensor and bracket, found bracket slightly bent. Replaced bracket and performed com calibration. Concern no longer present."

This was the 3rd repair, and I'm not confident that a slightly bent bracket is the problem. I hope it is. It's frustrating.

Jlums new explorer limited is doing it. My explorer is fine right now, however, the problems seems to reoccur after a few hundred miles and I haven't gone more than 100 miles since getting it back.

Sheltonfilms, I told the Ford Service Manager about this forum and about possible power/ground issues causing the problem and they said they would keep it in mind. I don't know if they looked at that as a possible problem or not.

Sheltonfilms, I told the Ford Service Manager about this forum and about possible power/ground issues causing the problem and they said they would keep it in mind. I don't know if they looked at that as a possible problem or not.

I kept thinking it was the original issue this whole time but it actually could be two issues that happened to get fixed.

Ok so this could be the story:

1. They saw that there was no communication with the module so they replaced it (let's say the module was actually defective).

2. When the replaced the unit they damaged the bracket so the unit could move.

3. You drive a few hundred miles (unit moves around) and finally the module realizes its alignment is out and triggers the warning.

4. Dealer re-aligns module to its new position after it vibrated and error goes away.

5. Drive it again and same as 3.

6. Realize bracket is now bad causing unit to lose alignment (not communication).

7. Fix bracket and re-align.

You should be good if this is the logic.

I hope you're right. Thanks for input

Jlums, please update when they figure out what the problem is. I am not confident that the bracket was the problem on mine. Thanks

Bringing mine in on Monday... I'll post updates.

i have 2016 explorer purchased one year ago. i have had the same with the recurrent warning signal "pre-collision assist problem not available" since i bought the vehicle. i see posts from Casmit, shelton films and jlums working with Ford service. have they found a solution? thanks

Since they replaced the bracket that held the sensor, I haven't had anymore problems with it and have put about 12,000 more miles on the car.

i have 2016 explorer purchased one year ago. i have had the same with the recurrent warning signal "pre-collision assist problem not available" since i bought the vehicle. i see posts from Casmit, shelton films and jlums working with Ford service. have they found a solution? thanks
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Please add the trim (Base, XLT, etc.) to your profile so it shows in the margin. Thanks and good luck with issue.

Peter

Could this whole problem be started when Ford did the steering rack recall? My 2012 Explorer Ltd was fine and the electric power assist went out. Took it to Ford and they said there was a recall on it. They replaced it free of charge and 20 miles down the road the whole dash board lit up like a Christmas tree, with other warning/ not available lights too.

1. Front airbag light
2. Traction control light
3. Traction control off light
4. Service AdvanceTrac warning light
5. Collision Warning Not Available
6. Terrain Management System Fault
...I might be missing another light or two also. Let me remind you, none of these lights were on when we took it to Ford. They took it back in and said they don't know if these lights were on before or not because the car was brought in on a tow truck. This statement is a lie because the service advisor got in the car and started it up when it got dropped off because my wife was there with the tow truck. They rotated the tires and said that was causing the whole problem because tread was low on 2 tires. We left the dealer with or "fixed" car and as soon as pulling out of the dealership multiple lights came back on. I am having 4 new tires put on the vehicle tomorrow and I will let you know how the vehicle responds. In the meantime my wife is driving the car and the car starts appling the brakes automatically which is totally not safe if you're not expecting it, especially with 3 of our children in the car with her. This happens at highway speeds, and 25 mph doesn't matter if she is turning or driving straight. This is very frustrating to me, but especially to her because she loves her car.

If you have any advice please let me know.

Quite honestly, I'd never allow someone to drive that car until repaired or replaced. My wife and childrens lives are not worth it.

Welcome to the Forum shllyshl19. :wave:
There have been posts before about the "Christmas Tree" remark and it turned out that the cause was a weak or bad battery. The only condition that I'm aware of where the brakes are automatically applied is if the vehicle's Adaptive Cruise Control is ON and the vehicle suddenly gets too close to following another one. Good luck.

Peter

Back