Pre-T-Haven | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pre-T-Haven

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Theres a guy coming to look at my stock rims and tires tonight. If i can sell them then i'm heading over and buying some steel rims. If he doesnt buy them..I'm still gonna go out and buy the steel rims anyways.
I'll keep you posted as the week progresses.

crunch time

ok boys, its time to make your decisions. who's in, who's out, is this going to happen? 2 1/2 weeks and we are there. I'm still there as long as everyone else is.

I'm in...Trying to get the gf to go since she canceled her plans for that weekend.
Colin i'm gonna email ya with more info.
See everyone on Nov. 17.
Till then,

I'm definitely going to be running T-Haven in 2 weeks. I will
only be able to run it Saturday afternoon - I have a Teacher Ed
proficiency exam earlier that day, but I will be up for wheeling
all afternoon and into the evening. Suzanne will most likely
accompany me since she hasn't been offroading since August, and she
has that itch too!

I'm in. I'll be staying over Saturday night.

Staying Over

Of those of you staying over, who will be actually 'wheeling
on Sunday? There is a hotel near Truckhaven named Ironwood Inn.
Anyone staying here? I'd love to stay over as long as I didn't
have to sleep out in the tent w/o a shower and then just
get up and drive home. That would be too uneventful.

Ohh Yeah!!

I'll be there. I am also staying Saturday and deffinately running Sunday. Are we still meeting in Ramona? Can I bring a freind(He has a CJ-7)?

I'm considering it.. All depends if I can get it back and smogged before the 16th!

Then I'm in wandering mode for a full week. Off to death valley, joshua tree, and other interesting places.

Hey, TDavis

Wandering mode? My buddies will be showing up at the Panamint
Springs motel on the night of Tuesday Nov 21st. I'll be showing
up the night of Wednesday Nov 22nd. We'll be running plenty of trails,
so your week of wandering will be definitely worth it. If I
had a larger
place, I'd put you up for the week.
About Panamint, the phone number is: (775) 482-7680 They are
charging $10 a night to camp in their overflow camping. That is
where we will be staying since we couldn't get our $$$ together
sooner. There are free showers included with the price. I'll
look forward to seeing you out on the hills of Truckhaven. In
order that you can reach me, my phone number is:(909) 781-2059.
Give me a call and we can arrange our trip.

Committed to Explorin'

This is Blayne's wife. He can't type due to the fact that he broke his wrist in a softball game last night and has to have surgery on Monday. He says this is not going to slow him down...we'll see. He is in the process of recruiting a couple of buddies to replace u-joints, front and rear, so they will be able to make the run on the 18th and 19th. Hey, Mac, are you still headed up Friday night? And TDavis, aren't you from Colorado? If so, is there a chance you could bring his 5.5" Superlift from Trace out of Greeley?

BlueDog - nope, Oakland, CA.

Ken - I'll know more later next week. Like I said - got to get the truck back!

Bludog, If I am the only one camping Friday night, No. If there is someone else that is going to camp, I will be there. I already have it planned, but I hate ending up in the wrong place. It always happens when I go early alone. If we are still on for Friday night meeting at the Ramona K-mart, let me know.

Oh yeah, I haven't seen him post, but I am pretty sure Rick and his pumpkin plan on coming as well.

Mac, bring the friend with the CJ, variety is good!

Ken, isn't the Ironwood Inn down in Ocotillo Wells? That's pretty far. There's a place or two right in Salton City, two miles from camp. Check out the thread Truckhaven 2001 Details.

Everybody, bring firewood! Last trip, we ran out at 9:30 PM!

saturday it is

ok mac, let's still meet at the ramona k-mart saturday morning. is six early enough? also, i got an email from rick a while back that said "see you at t-haven in november." he should have lot's of info from SEMA.

Bill

We did run out of firewood at 9:30 but we had the Disco hapening for a while. I'll be sure to pick some up in Borrego when I fill up for gas at the hardware store. Wouldn't that be funny if those people were there agian.
See you there.

Colin,
I'll leave my stereo stuff in my truck so we could have some tunes for the evening. :D You should hear the S&M Metallica cd in my truck. Feels like you're at the concert. I thought about going out on sat the 11th. for a quick trip. I finally got myself out of dept so i can now afford the gas once again. :cool: Let me know if you can make it. Also about the 18th. Are you going to leave friday day/evening? Or going to leave early sat morn?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Brian

I'll probably wait until saturday for the 18th. I'll leave about 6-6:15am to get me there between 8:30 - 9:00am. If you want we can hook up somewhere and drive out there together.

Back