Pre-T-Haven | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pre-T-Haven

Blayne,
you have to turn off at Marina drive i think. Then drive past the paved road.

Colin,
Sounds good to me. You're gonna leave after work? Works out for me too. I'm off at 4:30. Leave somewhere around there. Thinking get dinner too before we head into T-haven.
Do you still have those tires?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just outside of Borrego Springs. Its on S22 near highway 78 and 79. If you go to t-haven 2001 post, there is a link there showing a map. Hope to see you there.

I'm assuming that everyone will be staying overnight in some sort of campgroud or camp area. Will there be any
fresh water and/or restrooms?

facilities

I don't think so ken. If we stay out at t-haven itself, that is. There are a lot of camp grounds in the area that have facilites, and that can be decided by the group. I could care less. I'm bringing water and deodarent. But if we want to stay in an actual camp are, that's fine. Whatever we choose, I think we should all be at the same place.

Thunderhorse, I'll do my lockers and gears the week before Christmas. Suzanne is all behind it, because she likes to
offroad too. We're getting married in April out in the desert, and although money's a concern, she considers our
offroading a top priority in our lives. She's a great woman. Anyway, I'll be making the trip out, she might come along,
but, I won't be able to part with my Ranger until my Christmas break from work. I can't take the bus to work,
or it'll make me late. You know about the starting time at Norte Vista High!

Brian

I don't get off work until about 5:30 - 6:00pm so it'll have to be after that. Getting dinner on the way sounds like a good idea to me.
I do still have the tires. I've had a couple people calll and say they were going to come by sometime this week and look at them. If you want them for sure, I'll tell them that I sold them. Let me know.
Leaving at that time should put us there depending on traffic about 8:30ish.

Where Truchkhaven is!

Bluedog Bandit:

Truck Haven is West of the Salton Sea, and West of the village of Salton City. It is in Imperial County, off the 86, 2 miles N of S22. Take Marina Dr. West off the 86, and it dead ends into the dirt! If you saw any pay points or signs or anything else, you weren't at Truckhaven, but rather in the Anza Borrego State Park, in San Diego Co. There is absolutely NOTHING at Truckhaven! No campgrounds, No Showers, No facilities, No water, No porta potties, No vegetation, NADA! Just dirt. Its about like the surface of the Moon! The De Lorme Reference is: So CA, 116, B1 & 2.

BTW, if you plan to do any wheelin in So CA, you NEED a De Lorme Atlas. It's the Bible! Wheelin without a De Lorme is like going without a spare tire, IMHO.

Colin

i emailed you about the tires. I want to hit the desert so bad. If gas was alittle lower i would be going out there every weekend.

To clarify one thing - The Marina Drive is actually a loop, that goes down to the salton sea, and back up to hwy 86, over and into truckhaven. (I think it's hwy 86). You want *north* marina drive, and head *west* on it. The other marina drive is sr22, and doesn't take you into truckhaven, but the state park.

Date

has everyone checked their calenders off for the date? Just bumpin' this up so that people will be reminded.
I hoping to get my rims by the run so i can try out the tires i bought from Colin.
Colin,
i heard back from Perry's and they quoted me a price on those fenders. Once i get the rims...saving for the fenders. So hopefully by truckhaven i'll have them. LOL. If i get those Baja rims and those fenders my truck is going to be a mirror image of yours.lol.

All Set

I'm ready! I can't wait for the run. We are about a month our, and I'm sure at the two week mark this post will pick up a lot. The way the weather has been cooling off, I'm bringing an extra sleeping bag.

HEY!

Was that a crack on my truck? I got a email from my fabricator today, and he is going on vacation next week, but will be making my rack the week after. He loved the plans, I can't wait. I've got a question, if I brought my trailer out there, would anybody bother it while we were 4x4'n? I know you can't guarentee it, but what do you think?

You know I wonder if there is a way to see which thread had the most number of views. We are up over 4000. That has to be some kind of record. You would think that with all of the interest in the thread there would be more people going. While it's kinda irritating to see that people have to back out, I understand that such is life. I almost had to back out too because of money. I still am is awe about the number of posts and views this thread has had. It must be the catchy title... :D

Dave

BIG DAVE, YOU'RE LOST

This is Pre-T-Haven, not Attack on Attica, but thanx, I think that Pre-T-Haven is kinda catchy myself. For that mistake, I guess your are going to have to drive out and join us as well, don't worry about the money, we'll figure it out some how.

Bluedog, you should have no problem leaving your trailer at the base camp ground. Most people out there respect other people's property. I have so far after 7 years going to this place, and leaving all of our camping gear etc. out have had no bad experiences. If you are going to trailer your truck, just leave the trailer attached to your tow vehicle.

Paul B.
Modified 91 4-door XLT

Not truck, bike

Thanx. I was going to bring my dirt bike with me. Its nice to have when camping.

Dave, 64,000 views is the record. The counter then stopped counting. It was on the Herculiner thread.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Think i'm gonna go out next weekend. Going the 28 or 29th of Oct. My parents are going to visit some friends in borrego and then they were gonna go out in our friends j*@p and wheel. I was gonna head out to truckhaven. It's still somewhat tenative, but if anyone wants to meet out there let me know. i'll head out. Here's the bad part..i'm only 2wd so i'm somewhat limited.

Back