Project - "Rock Trac" Restoration | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Project - "Rock Trac" Restoration

Well the original plan when I bought John's truck was to go ahead and disassemble it and use it for parts for mine. I decided instead to go ahead and keep it together and replace what needed to be replaced, and mine can still stay the road queen that it is hah.

So I thought I'd post up some pictures so far....

How the Trac stood when we arrived to pick her up.

Another...

Getting her loaded up on my Tahoe...

Randall trying to figure out where we can stuff more of the parts that go with her...

Kris double checking Randall's tie down work to make sure it doesn't fly off while we're driving back home :)

Late night entry into the garage after a very long haul to Houston and back home - Large thanks for Kris and Randall for all their help

Current status in my garage

As you can see, a little bit of rust, but we'll go ahead and go over that with some good old rustolem

Header panel on the drivers side cracked and full of holes - hard to keep the headlamp/turn signal and fender back on it

New header panel next

New header panel in my make shift paint booth haha

Needed a new fan clutch

Had to cut the fan shroud off to get the fan clutch off - as John taught me the correct way to rebuild our plastic parts on our Trac's haha - Zip Ties!

More to come as I get further into it. Plan is for this Sunday, Kris will be coming over to assist me in taking the superlift off the front and dropping it back down to original suspension up front as the superlift knuckles are ruined.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well took the Trac down to Houston this past weekend to meet up with up Randall, Kris, Mike, Russell, Justin, and Dan to the accident site and place a memorial for John for the one anniversary. Very sad, but nice to be able to spend the weekend with friends who loved him as much as I did. And the Trac did extremely well, not one issue there and back. Kris and Russell also fixed adjusted the tac for me so it's reading correctly with the 5.0.

Touching Story, great group of guys. Thoughts to you all and his family too.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Ill be working on it very soon the weather is getting much better. maybe we can put it on in April when we have bandit fest.

Why is postponed?

I know, Im such a bad friend.

Sport Trac has been dropped off at Texas Auto Gear as of 9/8/2012

She will be receiving a front Dana44 Solid axle.

285489_10151385674584307_736813494_n.jpg

Cant wait to see it.

Man that sucks. Should've seen if another member on here could've built it for ya. Hey Chad, Ya busy??? You have experience with doing this to a Trac. LOL. Either him or Stang5lgt.

Can't wait to see this Trac back on the trails.

Well a little over a month ago I picked up the Trac and took it from Texas Auto Gear, as they still had not touched it. Dropped it off at place that used to be called Krawltex in Round Rock TX, now it's called Torched Monkey Fabrication. Was suppose to be only a few weeks, now we're on over a month. I've called and left a couple messages this Friday to see what's up, no return call. I'm guessing fabricators around Texas don't need money??? LOL! Hopefully soon it'll be ready.

The new bed is ready thanks to Kris, and he picked up a new drivers seat for me as well. We'll turn the original into a rolling chair for the garage :) Also have some new headlights, turn signals waiting to be put in, and a new Kenwood DVD/GPS to go in (of course once it's back).

So whenever I get it back, I'll update y'all.

Back