• Register Today It's free!

radius arm bushings

davidhicks16

Reaction score
City, State
oreana il
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
My truck has lost 3 radius arm bushings in the last 6 months on the same side any one have an idea why??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where did they go to? I replaced mine with poly bushings and even though the well was really chewed up they have lasted for years. Was any part of the well still left?

We'll need more info for a good diagnosis, but if the holes in the cross member are rusted or chewed up from wear, they will eat radius bushings.

Not a lot of info in the original post, so I'm just going to mention ideas...

1. Are the cross member holes chewed, rough, cracked, or otherwise miss-shaped? Napa sells the cross members for about 60 buck each.

2. Were the plastic cups installed in the correct order? I.E. The metal washer and the large bushing go on the arm. The arm then goes through the cross member hole. Then the plastic cup goes on directly against the back of the cross member, followed by the smaller bushing.

3. Is this the passenger side bushing having issues? The passenger side it really close to the exhaust. Was the heat shield installed on that side?

without more info, I'm not sure what else to suggest.

i looked at the hole is on the bracket and it is tore up pretty bad

Time for a new cross member...as mentioned, you can get one new for about $50 or get a used one from a boneyard. If you do get a used one, make sure the holes are good before you buy it.

found me a new one for 35$ and its a moog

At oreillys they are 40$ over the counter, but i get an an employee discount.

At oreillys they are 40$ over the counter, but i get an an employee discount.

O'Reilly's? Is that a chain store in Ill?
Never heard of them in N.Y.

EDIT: I just did a WEB search.. I guess they are huge... just not in a few North Eastern States.
I tried to Shop on-line for the RAB bracket..no luck

Back