Rhett

Let Them Eat Cake
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Cape Girardeau, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport 4x4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know someone here has had both of these shocks!

Edelbrock IAS
Rancho 9000

i heard the edelbrocks arent as good as everyone says they are.... but the ranchos are also adjustable..... you can make the shock suit your needs.....

IAS's are nothing special. I just got a set on. I haven't fully tested them out yet though. I can't really compare it to anything though because i went from stock to this. For 70 bucks a pop i expected them to be better. They are still a hell of a lot better then stock though.

I really like my rancho's plus if they ever wear out or break you can take them back and get new ones.

I blew out 2 edlebroks when I first got my truck, and that's before I started jumping it, then I got RS9000, all around. Much better

Thanks Muskrat.

I blew out an Edelbrock too once, and it was only light offroading. It was in the first month after I installed them and so it was probably a defective o-ring seal to begin with. They have held up to similar beatings since then.

I'm thinking about ditching the Ed's and getting some Rancho 9000's. Don't know if I'll get the in-cab controller or not yet, if they still have that. The Edelbrocks I have are only about 2 years old and have about 20,000 miles on them is all, which is the only thing that has kept me from replacing them.

Ive heard the inside controllers suck. theyre not worth the extra money imho. I can deal with crawling under the truck to change the settings on the shocks.

So you mean the inside controllers break down a lot?

i heard that too.

It doesn't bother me to crawl under there either. I like simple stuff that WORKS all the time under the worst conditions.

Back