Rear driveshaft length for SOA 5.5 lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear driveshaft length for SOA 5.5 lift

Racerx70

Another Broco2erer
Reaction score
City, State
Soldotna Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
89 Bronco2
Could someone who has their X SOA measure thier rear driveline flange to flange for me? I'm lifting my X and want to build a shaft for it so I'll have it when I do the lift this weekend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks

Sarge?

4 door or 2?

Ok just looked at your pro. Sorry Sarge but I have a 2 door. I used a 4 door shaft and had it shortened.

used to be Sarge's rig. He has MY Explorer now.

Just from what I have read here, and from a little of personal experience, it will simply depend on the particular truck. I wish I could be more specific, but some have gone SOA and run a stock rear ds with no problems at all..........others have slipped out of the joint instantly. When mine got SOA'd, it worked fine, but then a simple, small block spacer in the rear made it too much for the joint.

If you are building (or extending) the ds yourself, just add a couple of inches to whichever end is easier for you to fabricate, it should be fine with the SOA.

I'm running the stock DS on SOA and shackles and haven't had a single problem yet.

when i had SOA i extended mine an inch...but like everyone says it just depends on what it looks like when you're done

My rig is four door and it measures 50 1/4 ". It is stock and im running soa add a leaf and warroir shackels. Never had a problem and ive wheeled the crap out of my ex. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Back