• Register Today It's free!

Removing Pin Stripe

Agent_51

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT SOHC
Im wondering if any of you guys have any kind of tips on removing my pinstripe. Should i heat it up? Use a razor blade? I have no idea and i dont want to mess anything up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ae1969

I am doing this as well................

2 choices

1. heat gun

2. dye grinder (unless you are a body man, and know which one too use.........don't do this!!!!!!!!!!)

Alex

i pulled mine off on like a 80 degree day...so either wait until a hot day and peel em off, or use a hair dryer....with enough heat they should jus peel off, you dont need to use a razor blade AIGHT!

Mike

do a search on "remove pinstripe" lots of people have done it.

Get plastic razor blades at a parts store and use a heat gun. It takes awhile and is a PITA. I just got done removing vinyl graphics from a Ram at work....:fire:

I know it sounds crazy , but it works. After either waiting for a warm day or heat it (pinstriping) up with a hair dryer, just peel it off. If there is any adhesive left, you can use Peanut Butter to remove it. I've used it myself and it won't harm the paint. The oils in Peanut Butter will loosen the adhesive. Just add a little PButter and let it sit for a few minutes, then wipe off. Good Luck!

I removed mine in 40 degree weather outside using only my fingers. Just got an end up and slowly pulled....

I started with hot water, by the time I put the sponge on the truck it was warm water, this helped to loosen whatever adhesive they use and peeled off in long strips. Any little cleanup of adhesive I used IPA the typical store brand 99 cents is diluted with 25-40% water and is not harmful

Back