• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Return from Big Bear

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
you dented a door cause you took a shitty line!!!:p:

Does Winter's wife no he's out there...better hide these pics:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie
I ended up in a shitty line. I was going to go straight from here...

IMG_4837.jpg

...but since I didn't air down, the front tires slid to the right so I had no choice.

Missy was there, but none of the girls wanted to ride down that part with us. :)

Ritsui

Pilot of dogcraft
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake Arrowhead, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4x4
Sorry we couldn't hook up, but it looks like you guys had a blast :thumbsup:.

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
I ended up in a shitty line. I was going to go straight from here...

IMG_4837.jpg

...but since I didn't air down, the front tires slid to the right so I had no choice.

Missy was there, but none of the girls wanted to ride down that part with us. :)

Just yankin your chain;) Window ok? Sorry to here about the motor:thumbdwn::( Trust me when the trans dies...C5, when the motor does..5.0;)

Speeking of which I'll have all the homework done sence my dad is doing the 4.0/C5 thing in the zuk;)

FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie
Rits, I was bummed when I couldn't reach you, but I guess things happen.

Yeah Steve, the window is good. Still works better than the driver side. :D

R.J.

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
wow looks cool. all i know of big bear is the little fire road things and white mountain. sorry to hear about your car, froader. sounds like your pretty fustrated with it :(

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...R.J., just like cleghorn, you always leave before the fun stuff..:D

FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie
R.J. next time you go to Big Bear, be sure to do Crab Flats to Deep Creek and the John Bull Trail. Also when it opens back up (if it does) check out Holcomb Valley Trail. It's a fun one.

I am frustrated, but only because I put less than 2k miles/year on this thing and it's starting to crap out. I know they aren't the easiest miles it could see though. The trans was supposedly rebuilt only ~13k miles before I got it (which puts it around 20k now) and the "whore" engine also has somewhere around 200k+ miles on it, but it's lame. :)

AND...I don't quite have the money I need to do the "next step" and drive-train swap.

carlover

Reaction score
City, State
Fontana,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XL
R.J. next time you go to Big Bear, be sure to do Crab Flats to Deep Creek and the John Bull Trail. Also when it opens back up (if it does) check out Holcomb Valley Trail. It's a fun one.

I am frustrated, but only because I put less than 2k miles/year on this thing and it's starting to crap out. I know they aren't the easiest miles it could see though. The trans was supposedly rebuilt only ~13k miles before I got it (which puts it around 20k now) and the "whore" engine also has somewhere around 200k+ miles on it, but it's lame. :)

AND...I don't quite have the money I need to do the "next step" and drive-train swap.

If you just wanna rebuild a 4.0 Brandon has one that has a rod knock so its easily rebuildable. He said he's take 50$ for it.

R.J.

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
the b2 wasn't in your group?

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
If you just wanna rebuild a 4.0 Brandon has one that has a rod knock so its easily rebuildable. He said he's take 50$ for it.

..I'm not sure but Zukman may be interested..:scratch:

Rocketheavy

Reaction score
City, State
Bozrah, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT 4x4
how come nobody in all these pictures air down their tires?