Return from Truck Haven Oct 2011 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Truck Haven Oct 2011

Alright, time to recap a little.

the trip was great. feels like its been forever since i was out there, hopefully get in the swing of things again and get a few more off road trips in this season.

Hopefully i don't miss anyone, but the list of all that showed up was
Rick n Char
Stick-o and family
Bkennedy and family
Maniak
Mr. and Mrs. Zukman
BKennedy sr.
Mounty71
KC somethin?
Mrj22211

and without there rigs was rockranger and me

Potluck was awesome, buffalo burgers, tamales, bratwurst, shrimp, potato salad, pasta casserole somethin, awesome quesodilla's, cheesecake, and other good stuff.

I didn't bring the navajo out (I still have it) we decided to bring justins 82 toyota out for its first shakedown run. carb'd and automatic made it interesting, it was a blast to drive, made through a lot more than i thought it would (especially the waterfall)

Navajo will be on the next trip, and stick-o, the yota could have easily climbed up that double bump, but where was it to go? exactly what you found out ;)

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s234/robbie-webb/TruckHaven oct11/

IMG_2190.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2215.jpg

IMG_2217.jpg

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2242.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMG_2245.jpg

IMG_2241.jpg

IMG_2246.jpg

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg

IMG_2220.jpg

stick-o making it up the waterfall
IMG_2223.jpg

the blazer and toyota also made it up. don't know how, that thing looked crazy
IMG_2225.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg

the pictures are awesome! loe seeing all the explorers gettin it. im going to try to make it for the first time next year, keep posting pics!

btw, the jurrasic park X looks mean!

Wow, what a trip you guys had. Looks like a pretty awesome time to me. Hope there are more pics forthcoming. Have to off road vicariously through you guys since I will probably never make it out to Truckhaven. :(

My videos:

Great weekend. A little hot, but fun.
No exciting stuff happened, no major breakage, just good wheelin'.

Great weekend. A little hot, but fun.
No exciting stuff happened, no major breakage, just good wheelin'.

Yea, just a tire off the bead and a ripped frame :) Of course, it was a chevy that had both issues.

I'll see about getting my pics/vids up today..

Was a great trip. the 4x4 training area was a little disappointing, but as always, the truckhaven hills were just right.

~Mark

So what is the deal with all the tubes Cemented together ? anyone actually go over that thing ?

Thats one of the reasons I was disappointed with the training area. There are more black diamond things there than anything else and they are definitely extreme obstacles. You better have a rock buggy or moon buggie for those. It a great place for spectators though.

I've seen people go up/over that type of climb at werock competitions, but the one used in competition was smaller..

Here is one of the shots I took one someone going up at werock

werock-crd3 137 by maniak_az, on Flickr

~Mark

So they built a double ledge obstacle with no way to get down when you get to the top? :roll:

Thats kind of like a city built mountain bike trail, thats a 8' wide cement path.:scratch:

if you compare the Truckhaven training area pic and the one Maniak posted from WeRock there are very definite differences!
Werock has smaller pipes at the top set further apart, and it appears that the bottom pipes are 4-5 foot not the 7 foot like at Truckhaven. Also WeRocks are 3 pipes wide! Truckhaven is only 2 wide, meaning no wiggle room at the top, mess up your approach and you are toast! the curbs at the top are also about 18" high which also will grant you a bad day if your approach is wrong!
Bad Karma right there!

Glad everyone made it back OK. Looks like I've missed another great run. I was really looking forward to going but business got in the middle, again.

Steve, after watching that video of you backing down the ledge it took me 1 hour to pull the chair cover out of my arse. :( It brought back some memories.

Looking foward to at least one run before the end of the year. I'll be checking in. :D

I'm finally getting my vids uploaded..

Here is the 1st. Its our X on one of the obstacles at the 4x4 training area.

~Mark

Back