CA - AZ "newbie run" Truck Haven Oct. 20 | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CA - AZ "newbie run" Truck Haven Oct. 20

Mine looked a whole lot worse. :D My entire toe was deep purple. I wish I took a pic of it. It is already getting better and is only half purple. hehe.

Mine hit it's peek last night I think. It's brused all the way around the joint, and down the side to the ball of my foot. I taped it to the other toe and It's good I think. The odd thing is it dosn't hurt.:confused: My wife siad it's because I have no feeling there now, so I said oh yeah? and took a pin and stuck myself...OUCH!!! I felt that just fine thank you! :mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FROADER - Really quick question for ya. Been trying to read through the threads to find out this info....What time will the first run on Saturday be? I will not be leaving for Truckhaven until early Saturday AM (maybe even late Friday night to beat traffic). I have about a 150 mile drive out from the Ontario/Chino/Chino Hills area. So any information you have will help out in deciding when is the best time to leave! ! !

Also, I will have extra room for passengers on Saturday (if needed). I will either be dragging my brother along for the trip or I will be traveling completely solo......I may also be towing a 12' trailer with a quad or two on the back. So I will have plenty of room and can bring extra wood along for the trip.....Will probably head to Ocotillo Wells for a few hours of quad riding at some point during the long weekend.....

FROADER - Really quick question for ya. Been trying to read through the threads to find out this info....What time will the first run on Saturday be?

We usually hit the trail around 9am.

BKennedy - Thanks for the info. See you guys there.....:exp:

...a couple questions...is there a major store close by and fast food??? and can we air up close by???

...btw...i talked to happy gilmore and he has a run the next weekend so he's not going to make it...

There is one of those big am/pm's right down the highway with showers, everything.

I have a nice air compressor in the RV that can run air tools. It takes less than five minutes to air up my 35's. You can use as much air as you want.:p:
No real fast food stores though, except the AMPM and a Superburger about a mile away. The Superburger has awsome breakfast burritos and real good burgers too.

2 days and 12 hours till i'll be on my way!

...showers and breakfast burrito's...if they got chorizo and egg i will be living high off the hog...:D

The chorizo breakfast burrito is very good. :D

Started puting on the front shock mounts. Had to cut off the stock upper shock mounts and put in my Bronco shock mounts. Man that is a lit of grinding.:D Its almost time. hehe

There is the new 76 that they built about a year and a half ago. You'll pass it about 2 miles before marina, coming down S86. It has a mini mart, Subway and free air:thumbsup: :D That is where I stop and get a air fill up on the way home.

Matt, don't forget to bring those big lights if you still want to swap;)

Things to do before t-haven:
Replace cam postion sensor
Replace steering shaft...after I finish rebuilding a new one Rebuilt...but not in
rewire rock lights~ Check
rewire front lights~ Check
mount a cb antanna...somewhere

I guess I should work on the important stuff now:rolleyes:

Started puting on the front shock mounts. Had to cut off the stock upper shock mounts and put in my Bronco shock mounts. Man that is a lit of grinding.:D Its almost time. hehe

...you've been getting alot done to your truck...;)...i wonder if ezeedee is going to show up???

...you've been getting alot done to your truck...;)...i wonder if ezeedee is going to show up???

hmm something tells me don't hold your breath i think he would have chimed in by now if he was going.....come to think of it he has been a bit quiet lately.

...i know he takes off for bootcamp in a couple weeks and i was hoping he still was going to get to see the boys at truckhaven before he left...

Is he going voluntarily? or did his drill sargeant enlist him?

...i'm not sure but i think it might be a mutual thing, lol...:D

hey dannyboy, what's the deal with the superduty? i thought you were just getting a gasket swapped or something like that? i guess i could bring your truck out and ride back with someone....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

EGR cooler was bad and the engine got hot.

Ford has had so many 6.0 problems that they were going to swap the EGR cooler and tested the heads to see if they were warped. They passed so it is getting head gaskets and being finished today/tomorrow.

They were considering replacing the engine if the heads were bad because they didn't want to see me again in 2 months with more complications. 6.0's suck. My Superduty(s) have been in the shop for a total of 3 months over the past 2 years. that's over 10%.

If I ever need medical assistance and the ambulance shows up with a powerstroke I am going to have my medical tags instruct them to not load me into that vehicle. My service writer said they have had instances where turbos have gone out and a patient actually had to have a second ambulance come out on the way to the hospital. I can imagine that, my turbo went out...big bang...no more going over 35mph, no acceleration.

I need to call the dealer and Black Goblin offered to drive it out. Thanks though.

Back