Rust to Riches, Blue's 98 Ranger | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rust to Riches, Blue's 98 Ranger

Did you sell it?
I hope not.. that was alot of hard work you put on it:eek::thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you sell it?
I hope not.. that was alot of hard work you put on it:eek::thumbsup:

No I still got it, but its been sitting in our "vehicles that may be ressurected but probably not" parking space across the road. I'm currently working on a 96 Grand Cherokee that I plan to either drive for a while so I have time to fix the ranger and explorer, or fix up and sell so I have a decent amount of money to just dump into them both at once, or fix the ranger and drive it until I can fix the explorer then sell the ranger too. Either way right now my plans are pretty loose.

As soon as I get a couple paychecks rolling in from new job im starting the ranger project back up. should be just brake lines and a wheel cylinder and a little bit more body work to do on it, and then put everything back together and start the flatbed

Good to hear you're still working on this!

Good to hear you're still working on this!

yea so unfortunately this didnt happen.. It would have been nice. but shes still sitting across the road from my parents house.. I actually took the rims and tires off of it to put on the explorer rather than let them go to waste and have to go buy new tires for both trucks later.. The ranger is still on my list. I have another project in my crosshairs now though, as the jeep project is getting sold soon and this new truck is a deal i cant refuse. I will probably work on the ranger sparingly when i feel like it over the next year until its complete and drivable so i can sell it to make a reasonable amount of my investment back, that or give it to my girlfriend to drive when she gets her license..

on a side note i just looked back through this thread. holy hell my welding is embarassing.. I have since gotten much more used to my welder and gotten better at welding anf choosing welder settings etc. I guess for being new to flux cored welding and rushing (i had no patience to grind things back down and redo them) accounted for most of it but wow.

anyways this is the next project hopefully starting just before winter.
N135jh4.jpg

94 f250 XL. automatic, 351 v8, 2wd, 106k miles. my boss is going to sell it to me for like 100 bucks and it needs some body work (I just can't escape that ****, at least I have a year of working in an actual professional body shop under my belt this time)

I finally sold it.. for a grand total of 250$... live and learn from mistakes i suppose.
7uhhkoy.jpg

I am running the new truck from my last post now also.
3BC9Dl4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sad to see all that hard work go for little money.

I stumble on 1st gen Explorers every now and then. The last one I saw was a 5 speed, but I think it needed a clutch or head gasket, maybe both. It was about $500 I think, and it would be very minimal if any rust being for sale here in Oklahoma.

I try to keep an eye out for cheap 1st gens with the m5od around here. if i find one for around 300 that i can actually test drive/make sure it works, ill buy it, i dont even care if its rusted out (though i do need a rear hatch) i just want a transmission.. and it was sort of sad to see the range go, but the buyer has been finishing it up so at least someone will get to use it. i dont have any use for it now anyway.

explorer isnt getting sold, its just waiting until i can find the right parts donor. still plan to lift it and use it for wheeling, and if i can find the free time at school, ill machine out some coil spacers for it.

also debating steel wheel spacers for the rear axle of the f250.. im not sure how i like the idea of spacers on such a heavy truck, but id REALLy like to get that back tire out enough so its almost flush with the rear fenders, i think this U-body may have been meant to use dually or single rear wheels so its wider than most single wheel bodys but narrower than most dually bodies..

Back