San Diego Off Roading....... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

San Diego Off Roading.......

allright happy to say i have updates. My front suspension setup i pretty much complete. i have been testing it out at different places and works well. also have good news. I found out that the CORR racing track was not gone but relocated. the races were yesterday and today here in chula vista. any one attend? also more news. I managed to find an entrance to off road trails in proctor valley. also found some more trails south-east of the new otay mall towncenter. Even though i think it these trails are not legal for offroad vehicles (proctor valley for sure), their is still no problems i encounter when i go. got some pics of proctor valley and the other spot.
Proctor Valley:
IMGA0292.jpg

IMGA0289.jpg

IMGA0293.jpg

i got video too! ill upload it soon. more pics on my cardomain.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have updates too. I have finished my SOA on my rig. I will be getting a new trans here pretty soon. I just need to get the money for it. I will have picks up soon.

I have updates too. I have finished my SOA on my rig. I will be getting a new trans here pretty soon. I just need to get the money for it. I will have picks up soon.

Well Hurry Up!

haha:D

Ok here is a couple picks. I think I am gonna do a write up on it. I have 30 pics of it.

SOA026.jpg

SOA025.jpg

and here are some underside picks.
SOA017.jpg

SOA016.jpg

Here are the pics of the new shocks I got. I just need to design something to install them and I think I am gonna need some Glass fenders for them. They are 29" fully extended.:D
SOA030.jpg

SOA031.jpg

SOA032.jpg

SOA029.jpg

Excellent now ditch the 31's!!!!

:thumbsup:

Are the perches welded?

Not yet but they will be after I make sure I made the pinion angle right. I believe it is. My friend is gonna do the welding for me. I am not in a hurry though cause the goblin isn't under his own power yet. I still need the tranny. I about killed my back last night doing this swap. I did it all by my self with no help in 3 hours flat. after working all day on other peoples cars at the toyota dealer I work at. LOL:D

Not sure on the fenders yet. Need a tranny first.

hey i just came across this thread, i would love to meet up with some of you guys one weekend at proctor valley, it sounds/looks like the perfect terrain for me and my truck, good variety of terrain too. i would most likely be able to go any weekend. just let me know dates if you wanna plan a little trip.

Ya, we definately need to get a run goin here pretty soon.

Nice lookin Mounty BTW, I think im gonna be gettin some spindles here pretty soon too, I love that look.

Yeah there is a lot of different types of terain out there and there is a lot of extreme trails out there. I have done some crazy trails out there. I got a few dents and scrapes under neath the rig. I got a dent in my transfer case skid plate and I got some scapes on my ew radius arms lol. You defenately need spoters for it. It can get kinda crazy with out them. hehe.:D :salute:

a run sounds like a good idea, maybe someone wont have a built rig and go wheeling with me :)

a run sounds like a good idea, maybe someone wont have a built rig and go wheeling with me :)

You ready for a long day of work Chris? I hope your arms are up for it. hehe:D

let me know once all of us are ready to take the hills. im free sundays hehe

Exploder619 and I are gonna go try and get a trans fr my rig at pick your part in chula tomorrow morning. I just hope they have one.

Well see if my 2wd's got what it takes!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

here are some pics from today, my and goblin got the coils in with the f150 coil seats, got a new radius arm in along with some r/a bushings. The first few pics are of the process getting done then the rest are after comparing me and james ex's. After the junk yard comes my other leaf :) how exciting!!! almost done with the basic suspension set-up. Also need to grab some shocks and will be getting my new glass next week.

old stuff
SANY0015.jpg

new stuff
SANY0014.jpg

SANY0016-1.jpg

Back