• Register Today It's free!

San Diego Off Roading.......

Black Goblin

Reaction score
City, State
Tolono, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 GC 4x4 92 Ex 4x4 33s
Does anyone here in San Diego know of anything close by to go and get dirty at? I am joansin' for some dirt next weekend after I get off work. Also would like to know if anyone from San Diego would like to make a wheeling day trip maybe to octillo wells to have some fun sometime soon? :D :cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im in chula vista and theirs a great place to do some wheelin at Proctor Valley. Take H Street exit off the 805 in Chula vista all the way east. go straight for about 10 mins. It's not that far. It;s a big ass valley with one main dirt road, Proctor valley rd. and mountains all around with side trails. have fun!

thanks for the directions to proctor vally. I think I will head out there today to check it out. I work just north of national city so I am going to leave right from work and go over there. Thanks for the move Froader.:salute:

good to know, ill have to check that out too.

I was headed out to the proctor vally you told me about but I got a call from an old friend and I headed out to el cajon. We ended up driving out past crest and alpine through the foot hills on a back road and ound a couple of trails out there. I found an old fire break that had not been used in a while that had some real deap ruts in it. I got a couple of short videos and a few pics of the day if you would like to see. It was a lot of fun even though it wasn't that difficult. I did on the other hand get quite a few large scratches down both sides of my rig hehe.:D I was just exploring cause I have never been out that way.:cool:

is it possible for someone to give me directions to proctor valley as well?

is it possible for someone to give me directions to proctor valley as well?

If your available next weekend we could run out there together. I get off work at 2:30 and could meet you on the way to Chula Vista. On like Sat. or Sun. maybe. :thumbsup:

lets see those vids

Man it takes a while to upload vids:eek:

:fire: yeah it does:splat:

:confused:

i dont see the vids on your uploaded screen

hey guys sorry i've been out of the thread for a bit. im currently doing some mods on my ex right now. just got some tires, new springs, and other suspension goodies. ill be hitting up proctor valley as well as the backroads near the CORR race track. Very close to my house. keep trukin'

hey guys sorry i've been out of the thread for a bit. im currently doing some mods on my ex right now. just got some tires, new springs, and other suspension goodies. ill be hitting up proctor valley as well as the backroads near the CORR race track. Very close to my house. keep trukin'

:exp: Well I just finished my lift on my truck yesterday. I got almost 8 inches up front and I got 4.5 inches out back:eek: . not I just need to get a longer rear breakline so I can raise the rear atleast 2 or 3 more inches and get some new tires but I am able to go out now the way it is. I just need to wait till next weekend so I will have some money. I hope someone will be able to meet me out there so we can have more fun together. Can't wait to try out the new lift :D. Well I hope to hear from someone on this. I will have picks of the truck up maybe tomorrow. Well gotta go now, time to clock out. Talk to you guys later.:salute: :exp:

Well I went out to Proctor vally late last night and I have decided that I will only go out there during the day time for now on unless I have someone else with a truck out there with me. I got into a couple spots that really made my butt pucker up on that trail. I found out my truck has no problem rock crawling but I do need bigger tires and I need to soa the rear with front f150 spacers to level it out. That will give me around 10"s of lift. I need the bigger tires cause I hit my front and rear axels a few times on some really big rocks out there.

I came to a part where I though I was gonna roll the Goblin coming down off the top of the hill that had a pretty large drop. The trucks back end started to slide around on me while I was trying to creep down the ledge that was well over a foot drop. I really pucered on that one because if I rolled there was no one there to help me get him back over.:eek: :rolleyes: Once I got down that ledge my back end landed really hard on my tow package and I am lucky cause that could have messed up my spare and or ripped off my rear bumper:eek: and that would not be a good thing.

If anyone would like to come out there with me some time it would be greatly appreciated and a lot of fun. I loved it out there but not too safe by yourself.
We should set up a time to run out there for the San Diego County guys. Let me know and I will hopefully be able to get the time to go out there with you guys.:D :exp:

Beware, their is alot of serious offroading areas out their. their have been countless stories of accidents out their. cars flipping over and gettin stuck. Never go alone. i went once along and broke a tie rod. had to call my buddy. i have been going their for about 3 years now. and done alot of night/day runs with buddies. i love it. much land to explore. right now im putting some new suspension on my Ex. ill be up and running to offroad in a week or 2.

Beware, their is alot of serious offroading areas out their. their have been countless stories of accidents out their. cars flipping over and gettin stuck. Never go alone. i went once along and broke a tie rod. had to call my buddy. i have been going their for about 3 years now. and done alot of night/day runs with buddies. i love it. much land to explore. right now im putting some new suspension on my Ex. ill be up and running to offroad in a week or 2.

Sweet, we should hook up once your set up and ready to run. Yeah I learned my lesson out there last night. I won't be going out there with out another truck again, Unless its just around on the lower trails. Never again going to the top with out another truck though.:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well im doing my upgrades. put in some new torsion bars in, fox shocks, dixon racing clevis sterrin kit, custom shock mounts, and other goodies. More stuff to come but never the less i am up and running. i checked out proctor valley a couple days ago and i was dissapointed to find all offroad entrances fenced up and no way to have fun! it really sucked cause i brought my camera and everything. Alot of my old offroadin spots are gone now because of all the new housing projects and overall suburbanizing going on. The CORR racing track is gone aswell. i used to actually go on the track off season and test it out. im tryin to find more spots near my house. i live near the old CORR track off of Olympic Prkwy.

Back