Sea Foam Treatment | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sea Foam Treatment

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Sport
I just finished the sea foam treatment through my brake booster hose. I did everyhting correctly and saw the glorious smoke show. Now after driving about 10 miles, my engine is idleing even rougher :mad:. anyone have any thoughts? Also my CEL is on for an EGR code (P0401 EGR flow insufficient), i replaced the DPFE about 6 months ago and it cleared up but now its back on. This hadn't caused a rough idle or acceleration before but I know it can't help much. Any thoughts would be very helpful...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll do that....if thats the case, i'm assuming they will need to be replaced......and i hate doing that

i'll remember that next time, too bad they're platinum plugs...probably need to be replaced anyway, i got over 120k on the beast. well, there goes my weekend:thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

take the the wheel well off and the tire were the last two plugs are then there easier to get too...read that up here a few days ago forget who said it...

yea, i was gonna replace them when i did plug wires about a year ago, thats when i realized they were platinum plugs, so i left em in...oh well, i'll get some new ones and it should run like a champ

Back