Shake down run @ Smorr, looking for back up | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shake down run @ Smorr, looking for back up

35's are on, rigs loaded, ready to go. :)

We got rains coming tomorrow, but will let up at the end of the day, and head East & outta here. Bad thing is there is a cold front following it. Mid 60's today, mid 30's Saturday, mid teens Sat night :(

Still doable, just have to dress different is all. We can grab dinner back in town after the days over.

Brad, my guests have changed plans, I have room for 2 besides myself, if you still wanna go .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I plan on leaving Topeka just after 5 p.m. tomorrow night. I'm still not sure if I will have to work Sunday or not yet.

Still planning on going if possible, its gonna be touch and go with the weather though. Supposed to get a mix of freezing rain and snow Friday night. If its too bad I don't want to be driving all that way, with the weather AND drunk crazies on the road.

I plan on leaving Topeka just after 5 p.m. tomorrow night. I'm still not sure if I will have to work Sunday or not yet.
Call me when you get close, please. :D

Still planning on going if possible, its gonna be touch and go with the weather though. Supposed to get a mix of freezing rain and snow Friday night. If its too bad I don't want to be driving all that way, with the weather AND drunk crazies on the road.

You could always show up a little late, and meet up with us at the park, if you wanted to leave at a later departure time.

Weather is all clear :thumbsup:

See you out there! :salute:

See you out there! :salute:

I'm gonna wuss out on this one, sorry. Its just too much driving and too little planning (although if I checked the forum more often that wouldn't have been a problem) on my part. Someone needs to build some sort of vehicle sized teleporter, to eliminate the 12 hour round trip.

All loaded up and ready to wheel
6ce6f1f1.jpg

U guys have fun today!, Glad I stayed home, sold my Heep and making progress on my Eddie bauer. Have funnnn

Had a blast out there today :)

Learned a few things about the new set up, good & bad. The trails were in real good shape, and the climbs & decent's were dry. Main road were wet and muddy, and the cold winds froze the mud like concrete!

As far as the rig still at the park, well...........

It wasn't mine :p:

Do I need to through the winch in Jr. and head that way? Should I check with Clint on his trailer and SD?

Do I need to through the winch in Jr. and head that way? Should I check with Clint on his trailer and SD?

That's a mighty fine offer. We will most def keep that in mind if the situation calls for it. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Were heading back out to the park shortly to replace the distributor cap & rotor on it. Water was the culprit for the breakdown.

Phillip flew through a large puddle and the rig immediately shut down. There was a standing puddle of water on the intake manifold, and the carb was full of water. All 8 plugs were removed, and the water was blown out of the cylinders by cranking it over. We couldn't get any spark to the plugs, and traced it to the cap. Coil gave a strong spark to the cap, but from there, nothing to the plugs. The temps have not reached above freezing yet since it happened, so the water has froze since. Were going to try to spray some ether to help dry it out, but not sure if it will melt ice or not. :dunno:

After we know more, we will post up any progress.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back