Shaking in Steering wheel | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shaking in Steering wheel

I have shaking in my steering wheel when I get on the highway after the truck has been sitting for awhile and then it goes away. I have done little test to see if it was the road but it wasn't. Now if I drive around for a few minutes then get on the highway it never shakes it only shakes right when I get on the highway after starting the truck do you guys have any idea what this is. And yes I have had the wheels balanced I had them done twice. And I just put new rims on and they are 20's and the rubber is 275/45/20 so any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What brand of tires? Some tires will develop a flat spot on them after sitting for awhile, then as they heat up, they become round again. Vouge tires are infamous for it.

BTW: Welcome Aboard!!!:D

They are goodyear eagle GTIIs

Im not that old but I can remember that being fairly normal for tires to do that in the morning before they warm up. Bias ply tires were even worse when cold. Now days it's not very common with newer technology.

Holy crap!

Someone else from Carmichael is on this board.:)

Welcome.

Yes, it was fairly common in the old days to have tires which had flat spots until they warmed up. My dad had some that were really bad on his truck when I was a kid.

I have Goodyear RT-S tires, and I can notice it a little bit when they are cold but it is pretty subtile. They are starting to go out of balance a little as well.

How old r u dogfriend?

Pretty old.

I just turned 41 about a week ago.

Back