• Register Today It's free!

She's my Exploder

Grrlwronged

Reaction score
City, State
Manchester CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Eddie Bauer 5spd & AT
Hello everyone. My name is Jen & I own a 1991 Eddie Bauer. I purchased her back in 4/06. Yes I'm a newbie but I love her. She needed a little TLC when I bought her but it was worth it.
When I bought her she smelled of dog & had dog fur all over her cloth interior. She needed all new brake lines & drums not to mention an alignment. Her accelerator cable was disconnected & had a dead battery.
Since I've bought her I have done all necessary repairs, put in a new stereo/cd player, cleaned her every week inside & out including trying to restore her glossy exterior, installed vent guards & a cute bumper sticker thats states "Normal people worry me"
I never wanted an SUV but I was in a bind when I bought her but I have grown to love her.
I will pretty much keep her stock but will continue to make her look & drive better everyday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sweet jen did you do the work yourself.

I helped with all the repairs. As a mechanic's daughter I can do alot but somethings I stay away from. The minor stuff, well that was all me!:D

Glad to have you aboard. Be sure to get pics of your rig. We dont care if its stock, street or off road. If your on myspace heres my link. http://www.myspace.com/36124691

As soon as she recovers from her latest endeaver in the shop, I will most definately have pictures of her to post. I'm also in the process of trying to get her twin that I saw for sale today.

Uh oh, Jen's been bitten by the bug. Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your X. :)

LOL Thank you. Guess you can say that. But where can you find an SUV that drives like a car, but can handle like a beast when you want it to?

Ah you figured out the secret. So are you going to drive one X Monday-Thursday, and the other Friday-Sunday? Or drive them every other day? hehe :)

It'll be cool having two X's that look the same. What kind of condition is the other one you are looking at in?

Ah you figured out the secret. So are you going to drive one X Monday-Thursday, and the other Friday-Sunday? Or drive them every other day? hehe :)

It'll be cool having two X's that look the same. What kind of condition is the other one you are looking at in?

Ya know I never looked at it that way!?!? Well my Eddie has a cloth interior, is a 1991 w/roughly 151k. The other Eddie has leather interior, is a 1992 w/roughly 158k. They look almost identical right down to the rust spots.

I think Iam in love, a girl that works on her own car sweet.

ah shucks I'm blushing!!;)
yup I have no prob getting down & dirty. many times I was all dressed up for work, looking under the hood messing with stuff, getting covered in grease & what not.

Hi Jen and welcome. We also have a forum for the ladies on the site too. Click on the link in my signature to get there

I think Iam in love, a girl that works on her own car sweet.
Oh, GAWD. Someone's gonna get in trouble here, I can see it. "These guys get that syrup in them, they get all antsy in their pantsy." Anyways, welcome, Jen. You know, if you buy the twin, will you drive them both down the same trails so they get the same battle scars, too? If anything, at least one can make a sweet parts vehicle, right?

Hi Jen and welcome. We also have a forum for the ladies on the site too. Click on the link in my signature to get there

I don't have a problem talking with the guys. I am one of them (not really) but all my friends are guys.

Oh, GAWD. Someone's gonna get in trouble here, I can see it. "These guys get that syrup in them, they get all antsy in their pantsy." Anyways, welcome, Jen. You know, if you buy the twin, will you drive them both down the same trails so they get the same battle scars, too? If anything, at least one can make a sweet parts vehicle, right?

Ok :)bsnicker: Sucky Mass.) Ill be in Boston in like say 12 hours see you then! Besides i dont drink syrup, maple gets me wasted. See you at Logan!

I don't have a problem talking with the guys. I am one of them (not really) but all my friends are guys.

Funny Jen, all my friends are guys too :D My two daughters are just like me, we don't get along with most girls, you know the type, the ones whose only idea of fun is shopping (To me shopping is a chore, not fun)

I saw a decal on a truck that said "Real Women Drive Trucks" Gotta find one for my Explorer :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah it's funny cause I so look girly girl, but deep down I'm a hardcore b*tch. I tinker with my vehicles, throw my weight around in a mosh pit & according to all my guy friends I'm one of them. Some of my guy friends come to me with their vehicle problems. But yeah I hear ya Sobelover, I don't get along with women unless they are like me.

Back