Show me your 20's on Explorers 2006 on.... | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show me your 20's on Explorers 2006 on....

Keep showing those 20's and/or 22's too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

this is now (stock)

explorer3.jpg

this is what i wanna do....
EXPLORER.jpg

anyone who has bought aftermarket wanna sell your 20 inch OEM wheels?

That's going to look slick! :thumbsup: ^

i called Ford to get the wheels and they wanted 1000 each from the parts dept...i found one website that had them for 204 each...i think thats where im gonna get them from

well i photoshoped that one black...im kinda goin for the adrenaline look. but i think white would look good too...i'll probably try it both ways before i decide

well i photoshoped that one black...im kinda goin for the adrenaline look. but i think white would look good too...i'll probably try it both ways before i decide

I like the black, but either way it should look good.

Excellent, hopefully the 20's can be bought at a decent price.

I couldn't agree with you more...I think it looks silly when people put rims on their cars that are so large that their tires look like rubber bands, but 20's on the ex look good especially since that's what they come with now

Anybody use Nexen Rodian HP tires on their 20" wheels ?

There's a slight price difference, though. :D

No kidding. I drove a Range Rover Sport (supercharged) when shopping for my Explorer V8, but the price difference was significant.:D

True, but IMO explorer=off road

And I've seen some Q's in the low 20's

The cost of buying and maintaining a high-mileage used Q is considerable, not that it matter here.

IMO, Jeep Wranger=offroad, FJ Cruiser=offroad, H2/H3 was= offroad, certainly more so than Explorer Limited or Eddie Bauer (like mine).

But that's just personal preference.

More on topic, let's see the 20's on Explorers and mention tire choices too.

IMO, Jeep Wranger=offroad, FJ Cruiser=offroad, H2/H3 was= offroad, certainly more so than Explorer Limited or Eddie Bauer (like mine).

But that's just personal preference.

More on topic, let's see the 20's on Explorers and mention tire choices too.
The first gen Explorer was a pretty good offroader, 2nd gen was adequate, but the move to IRS on the 3rd gen destroyed any chance of it having enough flex to off road very well.

The first gen Explorer was a pretty good offroader, 2nd gen was adequate, but the move to IRS on the 3rd gen destroyed any chance of it having enough flex to off road very well.

Good summary of offroad capabilty of the Explorers, although 98% never see more dirt than the Christmas tree lot once per year..:)

And I've seen used Explorers for under $1000. :D

4th Gen? Probably not.

Anyways to everyone else, yes the 1st gens are pretty good at off roading... I've drove a few. But my 4th gen has NEVER gottin me stuck and I've done some pretty hard core trails. But sadly Im not keeping this explorer for a whole lot longer... I'll be trading it for an RS4. But someday I'de love to pick up another Ex for some real off road fun, not just with the truxxx lift like what I have now but an all aftermarket 5-6" long travel suspension lift (might have to fabricate myself)... if not that maybe an axle swap... still not sure what would be better. It all depends on what Ill be doing with it. LOL I don't know why I think so far into the future:rolleyes:

4th Gen? Probably not.

Anyways to everyone else, yes the 1st gens are pretty good at off roading... I've drove a few. But my 4th gen has NEVER gottin me stuck and I've done some pretty hard core trails. But sadly Im not keeping this explorer for a whole lot longer... I'll be trading it for an RS4. But someday I'de love to pick up another Ex for some real off road fun, not just with the truxxx lift like what I have now but an all aftermarket 5-6" long travel suspension lift (might have to fabricate myself)... if not that maybe an axle swap... still not sure what would be better. It all depends on what Ill be doing with it. LOL I don't know why I think so far into the future:rolleyes:

Probably not, but it's comparing apples to chickens. Anyway...:D

It's good that you're thinking into the future, at least you have a goal. ;)

In the future I want either a 1st or second gen Explorer Sport, a Bronco II, or a Ranger and make it off road worthy. Hopefully it happens someday. Off roading is way too much fun.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

4th Gen? Probably not.

Gotta watch it with that f***** ball joint on the upper control arm.

Back