• Register Today It's free!

Shut up and get creative!!

explorersvt

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Collins, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Xlt
You know i am really getting tired of people pissing and moaning that no one makes parts, body kits, bumpers, hoods, roll pans and whatever else for an X. The number one reason i enjoy being a sport truck enthusiast is being creative enough to modify existing parts or make my own parts for my X. The end result if much more gradifying and you also end up with one off parts that only you have. Much better than just bolting on someone elses stuff on your truck. I am sorry if i offended anyone but i have heard pretty much the same thing on three or four other X sites and i just needed to vent. So here are some sugestions to get the creative juices flowing.

91-93 rangers are the same in most aspects as 91-94 Xs

93-01 Ranger front bumpers will fit 95-01 Xs with a little work on the mounting brackets, other wise they measure up just right

Accord 4 door body kits will fit sport Xs with a little work

Also most Civic and some years accord front bumper kits can be modified to fit pretty much any year X except the new ones 02+

There are a number of mini van wings that with modifications will fit any X

So please do some reasearch and i bet you will be amazed with how much is really out there that can be used on you X with a little work. Plus you will have the self gradification that YOU made this part work.

By the way i wanted to give some props to Hartman for being a creative and resorceful person who seems to love being a sport truck enthisiast as much as i do.:banghead:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Amen brother.

Live and learn. At first I bolted everything on, I did port my old intakes in my living room withe dremmel but for the most part if it didnt bolt on I didnt fuss with it. UNtil I got serisous about what I wanted to do.......now we custom fab everything it seems and most times it works out so much better then bolt on stuff, plus it costs alot less!! :)

SOME of us are trying to get into autobody and fiberglass creating just because we love our X's so much :D

Seriously, a body kit from an Accord would fit a sport? How MUCH modifying are we talking? Know where I could see pics of someone who's tried it??

I have never seen pics but have been told that it will fit and i have done some measuring that confirms it. As far as modifing goes probibly just the mounting holes.

Isnt there a gap between the cab and bed? Maybe an extended cab kit would work better?

Come to think of it, you're right, Cj....wonder if the gap could be fiberglassed over?

I imagine it would be pretty easy to warp a Blazer extreme's body kit onto an explorer, but I'd rather use Chevy parts only as an absolute last resort ;)

Actually you may be right, a blazer kit minght just fit.:mad:

i made a jeep wrangler windshield fit onto my truck... and my truck also has a removeable targa top :)

I am planning on making a roll pan soon..............and I am not even a streeter.:eek:

See, Svt? More creative juices on this board than you thought, huh? :)

Now my interest is peaked...I'm going to go visit some ricer...erm, "aftermarket tuner" shops around Baltimore and see if they have any kits in stock that I could measure in person.

(ARGGGG! Wish I had more money so I could start autobody sooner rather than later!!!! Anyone want to contribute to the "Send Spas back to College" fund? ;) )

sounds good Spas, let me know what you find out, even though the won't fit mine i am intrested to see what they look like.:D

Back