Sirius Travel Link issues; how to reset? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sirius Travel Link issues; how to reset?

Fritzenheimer

Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012Limited
My travel link isn't working. All the "buttons" display hourglasses. Called Sirius, they sent reset signals 3X, deactivated/reactivated my account and nothing changed. After all of that their recommendation was to take the car back to the dealer. I've had the car 9 days - that would make my fourth trip to the dealer. First for replacement of APIM, and fixing misaligned liftgate, next two trips for inoperable/non-responsive voice command button and rear door alignment.

Did I tell you that I really like my Explorer? But this is really testing me. And as much as I'm frustrated with Ford, my feelings for Sirius are one hundred times worse. They have to have the worst customer support of any company I've ever dealt with. Seriously Ford, can't you exert a bit of pressure on them to improve their support. Punting the problem back to the dealer leaves me your customer feeling kicked around. I mean these hourglasses are a common problem. You'd think they'd be a bit more knowledgeable about resolving the issue.

I don't really want to have to return to the dealer and thought about trying a master reset. Can anyone guide me on this? Do I need to remove the NAV SD card while doing a master reset? What are the steps for doing the reset and reloading the NAV software?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fixed for the moment

Did a master reset and it didn't fix the problem with Travel link. Took it over to the dealer had them disconnect the battery terminal for a few minutes. Sync rebooted and within 10 minutes all the Travel link information came back.

I sure hope Ford fixes the glitches with this system. All I've seen thus far is information about simplifying the screens. That's not the main problem....I'm praying the system stability issues are fixed....or I'm going to start hating my new vehicle.

Did a master reset and it didn't fix the problem with Travel link. Took it over to the dealer had them disconnect the battery terminal for a few minutes. Sync rebooted and within 10 minutes all the Travel link information came back.

I sure hope Ford fixes the glitches with this system. All I've seen thus far is information about simplifying the screens. That's not the main problem....I'm praying the system stability issues are fixed....or I'm going to start hating my new vehicle.

You can also utilize fuse 29 located above and to the left of the parking brake.

Voice Command Button

I have been just sucking it up on the Voice Command button. I have 5,000 miles on my 2012 EX LTD and I would say that 1 out of 3 times I press the Voice button I get no response at all. If it's within 2 or 3 minutes of starting out on a trip I always get no response. This is a pain in the butt when you'd really like to say "Navigation > Destination POI > Street Address > etc"...or "Call Kathryn on cell" to say 'I am on my way'.

Hoping for a fix with the 'Big Update' next spring.......:rolleyes:

EDITED..... First for replacement of APIM, and fixing misaligned liftgate, next two trips for inoperable/non-responsive voice command button and rear door alignment.

Back